No announcement yet.

I seek advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Per this document the ETH03 appears to support 2x simultaneous connections.

http://www.cytech.biz/download_files.php?item_id=1001

The strange thing is this document is actually older than the UCM/ETH03 manual I've been using as a reference. I'd be careful with firmware updates as you may lose that second port.

Ken
    "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

It's no wonder it is difficult to work out!

Comment

Time to go figure out how to setup and maintain a persistent TCP connection to the panel.
        "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

At least I have the solution to one part of the puzzle. In answer to my question on the Comfort forum;
          "For ETH03 the connection disconnects after 2 minutes by default if there is no communications
          This can be changed in CS Manager. enter 0 to connect permanently"

Comment

Hi. This is Cytech support. Just to clarify the ETH01 and ETH02 was based on Tibbo but not ETH03. The ETH03 supports 2 simultaneous ports so do not worry about upgrading the firmware. However if Comfigurator is using 1 port to write or upgrade firmware, the otheer port is blocked. You need to be logged in to communicate, and you can enter 0 in Timeout to prevent automatic disconnection

Comment

Guys, a native Cytech Comfort plugin will be available soon... http://www.comfortforums.com/view_to...o=23579#p23579

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
                Hi Ian,

So it looks like Comfort is using some special Tibbo firmware that only supports Server mode. In this case you won't be able to receive asynchronous messages from the panel unless you are logged into it. Let me play with the DS100 I have and see if I can figure out the best profile for doing this.

Ken
                Ken - did you have any more thoughts?

Comment

Hi Ian,

I kind of stopped looking at it when the guy from Cytech said the ETH03 wasn't based on Tibbo. I guess we still need to come up with a TCP profile that checks a connection and re-establishes one if it's been closed. I know Ivan has several TCP based devices so maybe he can give us some guidance?

Ken

Comment

I'm not sure who Ivan is - but apparently not.

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post
                      I'm not sure who Ivan is - but apparently not.
                      Hi Ian,

Sorry, Ivan is risquare. This past weekend was a holiday here in the states. I'll see if I can work up something tomorrow.

Ken

Comment

The way Big5 handles TCP is no different than the rest of protocols. Important thing to remember is the checkbox “listening”. If it is checked than Big5 is TCP server. It’s TCP client otherwise. There are important notes about TCP within the box for setting the TCP profiles. Please read carefuly and act accordingly. Also please note that Big5 triggers in HS3 (also known as matchers) act upon the processed information (if you have a value expression im the profile) not the original input. This will change in the upcoming v 1.23 . The point is that the processed information goes in HS3 as HS3 device value. There are native HS3 triggers to act upon it and Big5 would duplicate them. That’s why from v1.23 going forward the Big5 triggers will act upon the raw input string.

Comment

Working...
                        X