Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Easy calculations using HS3 device(s) value(s).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by philiphill View Post
    Thanks Barry. Unfortunately the API doesn't present the time in Epoch from what's returned when I query it because yes that would be much easier to convert. I may reach out to company and see if they have Epoch as an option or something other than UTC. Thanks again...
    Did you ever get this figured out? You could send the string to Node Red and run it through the Moment node and then output to HS3 with a JSON call. The Moment node has the ability to format a timestamp pretty much any way you want it. I use it to humanize dates that are several hours/days old. So instead of 03/25/2019 21:05:07 GST-0500 it will show "Last Monday at 9:05pm". It will also automatically correct JSON UTC time to local time.

--Barry

Comment

Hi Barry - I'm not familiar with Node Red, but I'll do quick Google search and play with it this weekend. It sounds like the perfect solution to my problem. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Hi Ivan,

I'm struggling with the fact that in case the output of a calculation is negative this is not indicated in the device value.

In my user case I put the device values of multiple values at midnight in other devices. In case the device value (output) is negative this is shown as a positive value. See below.

Original value:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture original.PNG
Views:	125
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	1299372

Output Big5:

Name:	Capture Big5.PNG
Views:	125
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	1299373

The values slightly differs because the values are changing in time.

Is this a bug or is something not correct at my side?

I also tried to subreact 1000 from 0 but that will also result in 1000 (positive).

---
        John

Comment

Hi John,

I did test a random Big5 HTTP input profile to import negative (- 12.2 ) number and Big5 did it successfully.
          I guess that in order for it to show properly in the HS3 "device management" display the value/status properties need to be setup properly to expect negative values. Just my guess. Could be something else that I don't know about HS3.

Name:	Screenshot (168)_edited.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	1299467

Comment

Originally posted by risquare View Post
            Hi John,

I did test a random Big5 HTTP input profile to import negative (- 12.2 ) number and Big5 did it successfully.
            I guess that in order for it to show properly in the HS3 "device management" display the value/status properties need to be setup properly to expect negative values. Just my guess. Could be something else that I don't know about HS3.

Name:	Screenshot (168)_edited.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	1299467
            Is it possible for you to test the TCP server method.

My allowed values ranges was set from -100000 to 100000 so that should not be the case.

---
            John

Comment

It does work for TCP as well. However I discovered something during the tests. It won't work if you are using ${numbers(input)[0]} This command looks for a number in a string and ignores everything else incl. the (-) minus sign. To retrieve number with sign you should use ${ParseNumber(input)}. Remember to remove the ${..} wrap.

Comment

... alternatively you can use also JSON_Num command. See Big5 documentation for the syntax. In this case the income data should be in JSON format.

Comment

The issue with negative numbers is resolved now. The command Numbers(input).... will recognize and process negative numbers in v 1.30 and going forward.

Comment

The issue with negative numbers is resolved now. The command Numbers(input).... will recognize and process negative numbers in v 1.30 and going forward.
                    Hi Ivan,

Would be great. Will test soon.

—-
                    John

Comment

This is realy grreat. This will simplify calculations in HomeSeer as in the past I was using scripting.

Putted on my to do list the migration of all calculations from a script to Big5.

---
                      John

Comment

I would not do it...This plugin is so buggy, that it makes senses to not replacr anything with it.

the problem is that we have ttoask to author 83838 times for fixes. And they are not real fixes... just bandaid.

honestly... You are able to be enought confident with a plugin that does not follow hs3 sdk , and an author that is doesnt play noce with the custumers...to play a major part into your system?

no big5 in my system = no bugs of mind for me.

i will ask if someone could make a similar plugin.
                        but will aske to devs that arr expereinced and are really commited to the plugin.

to bad , it wad a good idea at the start. But a good idea is not enought. Sometime.. you have to take a couple step back... and do the right thing .

Matt

Comment

as I said before... this is not home -assistant or vera...

this is HOMESER. We do expext better client:author communication. And we do expert a paid plugin to follow with the hs3 sdk.

many folk on the web transmit the idea that hs2 just works!.

this is not the case with this plugin. And I think , we should have an officlal way to complain about this to HomeSeer ? rjh macromark ??

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
                            I would not do it...This plugin is so buggy, that it makes senses to not replacr anything with it.

the problem is that we have ttoask to author 83838 times for fixes. And they are not real fixes... just bandaid.

honestly... You are able to be enought confident with a plugin that does not follow hs3 sdk , and an author that is doesnt play noce with the custumers...to play a major part into your system?

no big5 in my system = no bugs of mind for me.

i will ask if someone could make a similar plugin.
                            but will aske to devs that arr expereinced and are really commited to the plugin.

to bad , it wad a good idea at the start. But a good idea is not enought. Sometime.. you have to take a couple step back... and do the right thing .

Matt
                            Hi Matt,

I know that you are skeptical about the Big5 PI. it is your right to be skeptical. I don't know the whole story so I can and I will not judge.

My expirience is that feature requests are followed up. In my case all the feature request to get a workable integration with the Miele API were granted. Version 1.30 allows me to get a new token before the old token expires.

I agree that the PI should follow the HS SDK.

Howevever the SDK stated "There should not be any files in the HomeSeer root directory other than your main plug-in executable." When I remove all PI's that does not comply with this requirement a lot of functionality will be lost.

I don't divide the PI's in major or minor with respect to the amount of functionality that is used. I will perform a formal Risk Assessment on the functionality and components. In case risks are unacceptable these risks should be mitigated. For example the event "Sunshine Up" will not relly on the input of only a wind sensor. In this case a wind sensor and a result of a weather service will be used to decide if the event should be run. I try to minimize the risks of my production environment to an acceptable level.

Furthermore I have a production environment and a test environment. In principle I will run the trial in the production environment so this will also minimize the riks.

An other measure in place is that hourly snapshots of the system are taken.

And last nut not least I will validate the critical functions to assure that the functionality is working.

Furthermore my delayed update policy will minimize the risk. And in case of an update of a PI that performs a critical function a revalidation will be performed.

And yes I also want bug free software and I was sometimes hoping for a more aggresive implementation of new features. But it is the real world that things will not allways progress in the speed we want, even multinationals are not progressing as I hope.

A skeptical attitude for a relatively new PI can witheld people from trying this PI. The Big5 PI has a great potential but need alo users and user cases to show the weak and strong points of this PI. By running into the limitations of the PI the product can be improved.

I would like to see a positive attitude on this forum. Even when things are not going well.

---
                            John

Comment

This is what I wanted too. My old post can prove that. But I have to me realistic (after 8 months). Support will always lack witth this plugin Author.

in final , the problem is the author itself. not the great idea of this plugin.

This is by far the worst here .

Comment

Working...
                              X