Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• risquare
    replied
    Yes, I do agree that Owntrack is a great tool. It has some "learning curve" but well worth it. Also worth mentioning - very well documented. It also supports iBeacons which may make your ugly motion sensors obsolete and replaced by hidden iBeacons, but this is another big can of worms - proceed with caution. Big5 does support both modes of Owntrack (MQTT and HTTP) and Big5 will easily put your coordinates in HS devices or trigger a HS events when you enter/exit a geofence that you setup in Owntrack.
    Post here any questions you might have along the way pertaining to Big5 use and we will gladly help.

As far as this thread is dedicated to Geofancy, I started another thread dedicated to Owntrack.

Leave a comment:

• goldriver
    replied
    Originally posted by MaxFox View Post
    Hi everyone I am very interested in geolocation but I have an Android device and Geofency is only for Iphone. Is there another similar application for Android? Thanks
    look at owntrack, I went off Geofency to Owntrack as it support MQTT. I also moved from the deprecated PHLocation plugin to a Node-Red flow that is much more flexible

Leave a comment:

• MaxFox
    replied

Hi everyone I am very interested in geolocation but I have an Android device and Geofency is only for Iphone. Is there another similar application for Android? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• pcgirl65
    replied
    I did get it working. Works great! I have attached the pdf for you. Geofency.pdf

Leave a comment:

• rpeterkin
    replied
    Originally posted by pcgirl65 View Post
    rpeterkin Can you tell me how to set that up so that it works directly with HS? Is this using Big5?
    pcgirl65 I assume you got this question answered. By the way, where did you find @MattL0's pdf?

Leave a comment:

• rpeterkin
    replied
    Originally posted by jmaddox View Post
    You'll need the pushover 3p addon as well as a push client on your phone
    You could also use the Twilio plugin (you would have to set up a Twilio account) to send a text message. That way you wouldn't need a client on your phone,
    Or, you could send a text to your phone (for free) using the email functionality built in to Homeseer.

Leave a comment:

• jmaddox
    replied
    You'll need the pushover 3p addon as well as a push client on your phone

Leave a comment:

• pcgirl65
    replied
    This is awesome! I have a number of locations also setup and I have them all on each virtual presence device. So I have Home=1, Away=0, Work=2, etc. How do I make a push notification to incorporate the device location as a variable? See device below:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	screencapture-192-168-1-15-8000-devices-html-2020-10-23-15_28_24.png
Views:	305
Size:	169.7 KB
ID:	1428129

Leave a comment:

• pcgirl65
    replied
    I found it thanks! Brilliant! I have been testing out geofency this week and so far it is very accurate. Just a side note....it isn't free anymore. Costs $6.99.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I have made a pdf for this .

No, you can directly send the http get request from geofency to your hs install via myhs .

Tonight I will try to find the pdf again. But ,if you want to search, it is in the phlocation2 thread .

Leave a comment:

• pcgirl65
    replied
    rpeterkin Can you tell me how to set that up so that it works directly with HS? Is this using Big5?

Leave a comment:

• rpeterkin
    replied
    Originally posted by pcgirl65 View Post
    Can Geofency work directly through HS4 using the webhook setting?
    Yes

Leave a comment:

• pcgirl65
    replied
    Can Geofency work directly through HS4 using the webhook setting?

Leave a comment:

• rpeterkin
    replied
    Originally posted by Bigstevep View Post

What URL are you using to connect via MyHs?
    I haven't tried this but I believe it's connected2.homeseer.com. So your URL should look something like this:

https://connected2.homeseer.com/JSON...=285&value=100

Of course you'll have to have an account set up.

Leave a comment:

• Bigstevep
    replied
    Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
    Didn’t want to advertise something else here.. but yeah I also simply sent http get to a device directly via vpn (works via myhs at my mom’s place too).

The advantage of big5 here would be that you can easily parse the json coming from geofency...so it has the potential to get more info vs only updating a virtual device with two values

What URL are you using to connect via MyHs?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X