Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rdc

​​​​​​​You have curly quotes again. As I said before

BEWARE copy and paste from this forum introduces curly quotes that Big 5 does’t tolerate

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	curly.JPG Views:	0 Size:	14.7 KB ID:	1391301Click image for larger version  Name:	curly2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	64.4 KB ID:	1391302

The expressions dont work It just cleans up the name of the device
      It did not make much difference. The string does not split

Comment

It does, make huge difference as the errors are gone.
        As I told you before the remote site throws some garbage that overwrites the good data.
        Please run your event several times and provide the log. If the garbage is consistent than we’ll filter it out.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	same.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	1391311

It looks the same everytime. The devices look like the ones above

Comment

rdc

Put this expression in the filter box called device affect expression of the profile

length(input)=64

where 64 is the total length of your string that we need to split. Count carefully and put the exact number please.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	yes.JPG Views:	0 Size:	139.5 KB ID:	1391315Click image for larger version  Name:	yes1.JPG Views:	0 Size:	13.0 KB ID:	1391316Click image for larger version  Name:	yes3.JPG Views:	0 Size:	61.2 KB ID:	1391317

The devices did not change

Comment

Something is wrong. Your devices were updated at 4:20 while your last run was at 4:40. What you show in the log didn’t update your devices. Verify the number 53.

Comment

I changed the profile name and ran it again. It does not make any devices

Comment

Log please

Comment

Did you verify 53 number?

Comment

The filter looks for a string that is exactly 53 characters long and passes it through while rejecting everything else as garbage.

Comment

Play with the number 53 to provide for occasional spaces or invisible characters that we do not see

Comment

I walked it down to 48 and up to 65 but Homeseer never created any devices. I then took out the device affect expression and the devices came back but they are still like the last ones I sent. It looks like that line in the device affect expression prevents Hs from making devices. Here is the log . The last entry was without device affect expression Click image for larger version

Name:	affect.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	258.9 KB
ID:	1391357

Comment

This is the response you get in a browser. If the current profile wont work to split the string could this response seen in a browser be used in some way to create the devices. I just cant get the string to split and the profile isnt working.

Comment

rdc

your browser doesn’t do POST It does GET.

As I said before you don’t need POST at all as you are not posting anything. POST is made for sending out data although it provides response as well that doesn’t work for us.

May I suggest that you switch to GET profile that is the right thing to do. Split the URL to the ? And add ${input} at the end

Put the remaining part of the url in Big5 http action box of your event.

Remove all expressions from the profile. Run your event and provide the log. I will design new expressions to manage the GET input.

thanks,

risquare

Comment

Working...
                                X