X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• risquare
    replied
    Originally posted by Blade View Post
    If you manually press a master control button do you see the device in HS3 change?
    Yes, indeed it does change, which will address the triggering issue. There are some issues with ALL ON and ALL OFF buttons which always return the same status when pressed --> ON and OFF respectively, which will make it difficult to use them as triggers as they never change status, unless HS3 can trigger by "turning OFF a device that is already OFF". Can HS3 do that ?

Thanks,

RISquare

P.S. This makes p.4 and p.8 mute from the long document above. Obviously you are doing things differently than RadioRA HS2 plug-in. I had the latter in mind when I wrote these p.4 and p.8. They had Radio RA as direct triggers in the trigger drop down menu, whereas you change the status of the associated HS3 devices and use those to trigger the usual way as HS3 triggers by device.

Leave a comment:

• risquare
    replied
    Thanks. Looking forward to it.

RISquare

Leave a comment:

• Blade
    replied
    OK I will have a look at it as soon as I can

Leave a comment:

• risquare
    replied
    ...more info

1. Tested other commands. Apparently everything else is working but

"Set dimmer level" command that produces the errors mentioned above.

This eliminates all suspicions about communication channel and switching computers. Also I might have not tested this particular command before. I did brief testing and as far as I remember I was testing "button press" command on my old computer not "set dimmer level". So it is not something that was working before for me.

2. All zones from system 2 are missing in the drop down box of the action menu for all commands that deal with individual zones such as "set dimmer level" "set zone level" " set Graphic Eye scene number". You do have S1 /S2 selector but it doesn't change the display in the drop down box that always shows the zones in S1.

Pls. fix ASAP.

Thanks,

RISquare
    Last edited by risquare; November 16, 2017, 12:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• risquare
    replied
    errors

Hi Blade,

Can't answer your question because RadioRA plug-in broke completely.
    Just hooked my new HS3 system to my real RadioRA equipment.
    Can't execute a simple RadioRA command.
    See below for what I get in the log.
    All was operational before the switch to the new HS3 computer.
    The com ports of the new computer were tested OK with my DSC system that works.
    Restarted both HS3 and the computer. Removed and Re-installed BLRadioRA plug-in. No change.

The only difference from my previous tests with the old HS2 computer (when BLRadioRA was working) is that the old computer had native com ports on the back panel, whereas the new computer doesn't and I'm using "USB to Serial" adapters. However, the com ports were tested and they operate properly and the settings are correct as well.

Thanks,
    RISquare

Nov-15 7:16:04 PM BLRadioRA error Error, Set Dimmer Level provided to Handle Action, but Action ID 9221 could not be recovered.
    Nov-15 7:16:04 PM BLRadioRA error Error, Set Dimmer Level provided to Handle Action, but Action ID 6735 could not be recovered.
    Nov-15 7:16:04 PM BLRadioRA error Error, Set Dimmer Level provided to Handle Action, but Action ID 8106 could not be recovered.
    Nov-15 7:16:04 PM BLRadioRA error Error, Set Dimmer Level provided to Handle Action, but Action ID 5468 could not be recovered.
    Last edited by risquare; November 15, 2017, 11:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Blade
    replied
    If you manually press a master control button do you see the device in HS3 change?

Leave a comment:

• risquare
    replied
    Triggers needed

Hi Blade,

I did buy your RadioRA plug-in in a good faith.
    However, I just realized that I need the RadioRA triggers.
    Those are items 4. and 8. in the long list above.
    It's not just about me. Triggers are essential part of HS3 operation and will help many of the current and future clients.

Thanks,
    RISquare

Leave a comment:

• risquare
    replied
    Thanks. Clean job as usual.

Leave a comment:

• Blade
    replied
    Try out 2.0.9

Leave a comment:

• risquare
    replied
    ...ooops

... ooops missed that one

There is no "Scene 0" in your latest command SGS (Set Graphic Eye Scenes).
    As outlined in the documentation Scene 0 is used to turn Graphic Eye OFF.

Thanks,
    RI2

Leave a comment:

• risquare
    replied
    Thanks

Blade, thanks a lot.
    That will do it for me.
    It is up to you if you wish to address the rest of the issues or not.
    Enjoy your well deserved vacation.

Best Regards,

RI2

Leave a comment:

• Blade
    replied
    Try out 2.0.8

I have added a Set Grafik Eye Scene event action to the plugin so you can control them
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Blade
    replied
    Wow that is a lot of information
    Let me digest that

Leave a comment:

• risquare
    replied
    Feedback

Hi Blade,

Thanks for the quick turnaround. Your plug-in does control 64 RadioRA zones now in two subsystems S1 and S2. This is great and was achieved in a record short time. It's highly appreciated.

There is still one thing that is not there for me. It is listed as No.1 below. I'm sorry to mention it now. Could have done it earlier but was overwhelmed by the other issues. This No.1 is the only thing that is crucial for me. The other items 2. trough 8. are just a feedback to you.

1. There is no Graphic Eye scene management. I have at least 5 graphic eyes installed with 5 scenes each. Those are expensive and important units that control up to 6 circuits each and various combinations (scenes) and I must control them.

The command is listed on page 24 of the "RadioRA Protocol and programming Guide"

The syntax is

SGS,zone,scene,System

where zone is the zone number integer 1 to 32
    scene is the scene number integer 0 to 16 (0 means off)
    System is S1 or S2

as far as this command is very similar to the commands you already manage, I do hope that there will be no problem for you to add it. BTW HS2 plug-in for Radio RA does have it.

2. The "Master Controls" tab in the plug-in setup page doesn't have S1 and S2 attributes yet. Unlike the phantom buttons, the master controls do belong to either S1 or S2.

3. BLRadioRA creates 15 HS3 devices for RadioRA each master control entered into the plug-in setup menu. This would be 90 devices for an average home with 6 master controls.

They show up in the "control device" menu and most likely in HSTouch menus but they are useless as there is NO RadioRA command to control them.

They show up also as triggers which makes sense as there is a command for feedback MBP (see below), however it doesn't seem that BLRadioRA has implemented it. All my efforts to make it working were futile.

4. This feedback command (MBP) from RadioRA could be used to trigger HS3 events

Example:

MBP,03,16,ON,S2

means that someone has pressed ALL ON button on master control 3 System 2.
    The implementation will allow users to use their existing RadioRA keypads to control HS.

See also p.8 below.

More details on page 29 of RadioRA document.

5. Phantom buttons are global for the whole system (S1 plus S2) and their total number is 17. You've added 17 more for S2. This is overkill and could be confusing as you show 34 phantom buttons now and only 17 exist in reality. However, the parameter S1/S2 is still valid in phantom button control commands. When it is used the zones will be turned first of the specified subsystem.

Example: BP,12,ON,S2

This command will emulate a press of Phantom button 12. If button 12 commands zones from both S1 and S2, than the zones from S2 will be turned on first.

In this regard you can keep your duplicate phantom buttons with a foot note that they are the same but the use of the phantom buttons marked S2 will first turn zones from S2.

See page 21 of RadioRA document for more details if needed.

6. Make the use of S2 in addition to S1 as an option in your options menu.

7. Bug report (likely). I named 2 master controls for testing. By mistake I named them both "Main entry". I corrected myself by naming them "Family room" and "Main entry" respectively, however they still show as two "Main entry" and none "Family room" in HS3 device names. I disabled and re-enabled BLRadioRa and I also restarted HS3. Still the same.

Here is what I see in HS3 devices

Main entry - button1
    Main entry - button1
    Main entry - button2
    Main entry - button 2
    ...etc.

Furthermore there is no parity between the names of master controls and their buttons in BLRadioRA and the corresponding HS3 devices. Changes in one doesn't lead to changes in the other and vice versa.

Finally, if I may recommend this. Unless you implement 4. above these devices are useless and better be put in a separate "floor" or "room" and made invisible by default to avoid the glut.

8. I went back to HS2 RadioRA plug-in by Homeseer. It has 9 RadioRA related triggers to trigger an event. I can't see any RadioRA related trigger in BLRadioRA plug-in. Am I doing something wrong? Quite possibly as I'm new to HS3 just strating HS2 --> HS3 migration.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

RISquare
    Last edited by risquare; November 3, 2017, 09:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Blade
    replied
    Try out 2.0.7 in the HS3 updater and let me know

Leave a comment:

Working...
X