Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blade View Post
    For issue #2

I made it so that only the zone numbers from 1-32 appear in the listbox for either S1 or S2
    The command should control the proper zone on the selected system
    Does it not work?
    It was working when zones were uniformly named Zone1, Zone2, Zone3....

I would select Zone2 for example and select S2 and it was working for testing purposes.

It is different now that I have real zones with real names.

Zone2 S1 is "Lanterns Downhill"
    Zone2 S2 is "Kitchen Dimmer"

To make the kitchen dimmer work I have to remember that "Kitchen Dimmer" corresponds with "Lantern Downhill" and select "Lantern Downhill" in the menu knowing that if I add S2 to it it will turn into "Kitchen Dimmer".
    Confusing and practically impossible to do with 2 times 32 zones.

RISquare

Comment

Can you try 2.0.11 and let me know
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Hi Blade,

Thanks for the quick turnaround.

It looks good on the surface without a real connection to Lutron. More real tests tomorrow. I can't do real RadioRA lights tests in the evening since I don't want to irritate everyone in the house. Evening time RadioRA is connected to the operational HS2 system until I migrate it to HS3.

BTW I noticed that BLRadioRA doesn't recognize that there is nothing on the other side of the RS232 cable. No error message in the log whatsoever. This doesn't bother me much since people notice quickly if lights do not work hence no need for HS3 to send me a message about it. If you want to be a perfectionist though you may consider producing an error if you do not get a response by Lutron RadioRA after you send out a command. Radio RA responds to all commands.

Thanks,

RISquare

Comment

Originally posted by risquare View Post
          1. Tested other commands. Apparently everything else is working but

"Set dimmer level" command that produces the errors mentioned above.

This eliminates all suspicions about communication channel and switching computers. Also I might have not tested this particular command before. I did brief testing and as far as I remember I was testing "button press" command on my old computer not "set dimmer level". So it is not something that was working before for me.

2. All zones from system 2 are missing in the drop down box of the action menu for all commands that deal with individual zones such as "set dimmer level" "set zone level" " set Graphic Eye scene number". You do have S1 /S2 selector but it doesn't change the display in the drop down box that always shows the zones in S1.

Pls. fix ASAP.

Thanks,

RISquare
          Both issues 1. and 2. are fixed now to complete satisfaction.
          Thanks for the quick turnaround.

RISquare

Comment

Hi Blade,

2. The "Master Controls" tab in the plug-in setup page doesn't have S1 and S2 attributes yet. Unlike the phantom buttons, the master controls do belong to either S1 or S2.

RISquare

Hi Blade,

This issue is not resolved yet. Can you please fix.

Thanks,

RISquare

Comment

Try out 2.0.12 and let me know
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

Not there yet

Good news first. It creates some devices and it recognizes button press under certain numbering circumstances. It also deletes all MC associated devices when the respective MC is deleted in the setup.

Not there yet.
                It adds the HS3 "devices" associated with a "new" Master Control (MC) in S2.
                However

1. It adds only one. I entered two MCs in S2 "Master bedroom" and "Master bath". They both show in BLRadioRA setup menu under Master Controls tab. None is disabled. Only Master bedroom managed to create HS3 devices for each button. No devices were created for Master bath. To be honest I was playing with this particular raw #3 creating and deleting MCs, maybe this is causing the problem. It shouldn't.

2. It doesn't allow the selection of MC number. MC numbers are assigned sequentially with no way to change creating an odd mix. If I entered MC#1 and MC#2 as S1 master controls than I can't have MCs number 1 and 2 in System 2. If I enter MCs #3, 4 and 5 for System 2, than I cant have those in System 1. Next available entry would be # 6 for system 1. This creates a lot of confusion.

Ideally a fix here will be to allow numbering by the user of the MCs in BLRAdioRA settings. Remember the MC number and S1/S2 are the only things that matter.

From an user prospective I'd like to see two columns similar to the "zone" tab allowing the user to fill any cell with the name of their MC at the respective address (the row # would be MC # ) , but other designs are possible too. Of course the "edit" and "disable" features that you have now should stay.

Thanks,

RISquare
                Last edited by risquare; November 18, 2017, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Try out 2.0.13
                  I made the master control number open so you can enter it
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

Doesn't work as expected

1. BLRadioRA is still giving MCs sequential numbers regardless of the number I put in the entry box. Even worse it assigned next sequential number 8 after I put in 7 MC from system2 and started doing system 1 starting from MC #1. Instead of MC#1 S1 I got MC #8 S1. Once a number is assigned it can't be changed in the edit menu.

RISquare

Comment

Try 2.0.14
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

Hi Blade,

Thanks for the quick response. There is progress as far as BLRadioRA will allow me to select random numbers now, however major problems still stay.

1. Will NOT allow same numbers for S1 and S2. This is a major problem. For example I have MC 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 in S1 and MC 1,2,3,4,5,6 in S2. BLRadioRA won't let me enter MC1 of S2 after I entered MC1 of S1.

2. No MC number changes allowed in "edit". This is not a big deal.

3. The main display does not show system affiliation S1/S2 for each MC. I think this is important and related to 1. above. Once you fix 1. above than the main display will have two 1s two 2s two 3s etc. one for each S1 and S2. This will be confusing.

Thanks,

RISquare

Comment

Try 2.0.15 and let me know
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

Hi Blade,

Thanks for the quick response. There is progress as far as BLRadioRA will allow me to select random numbers now, however major problems still stay.

1. Will NOT allow same numbers for S1 and S2. This is a major problem. For example I have MC 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 in S1 and MC 1,2,3,4,5,6 in S2. BLRadioRA won't let me enter MC1 of S2 after I entered MC1 of S1.

2. No MC number changes allowed in "edit". This is not a big deal.

3. The main display does not show system affiliation S1/S2 for each MC. I think this is important and related to 1. above. Once you fix 1. above than the main display will have two 1s two 2s two 3s etc. one for each S1 and S2. This will be confusing.

Thanks,

RISquare
                            Same problems in version .15
                            Attempt to add MC1 S1 fails provided that I do have MC1 S2 already in.

RISquare

P.S. MC are similar to zones as far as adding S1/S2 functionality. Best is to apply what you did for zones (two columns table) if this is possible at all.
                            Last edited by risquare; November 19, 2017, 08:57 PM.

Comment

1. Turn on debug logging in the plugin on the options page
                              2. Capture the issue with adding the MC
                              3. Turn off debug logging

Attach the BLRadioRA-Detailed.log file zipped
                              It is in the HS3 root folder
                              Cheers,
                              Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                                1. Turn on debug logging in the plugin on the options page
                                2. Capture the issue with adding the MC
                                3. Turn off debug logging

Attach the BLRadioRA-Detailed.log file zipped
                                It is in the HS3 root folder

Attached per your request.
                                I created MC1 in S1 called "Family Rm south"
                                I attempted to create MC1 in S2 called "Master bath", which failed.
                                The debug mode was active all the time so you may see more history.

Thanks,

RISquare

Comment

Working...
                                X