Clear All

Try 3.0.2
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Thanks

Hi Blade,

3.0.2 took care of the annoying problem with false zone names display for S2.

Thanks.

RISquare

Comment

MC button "devices" can't be controlled in HS3

Hi Blade,

BLRadioRA creates a HS3 "device" for each button of Radio RA Master Controls that are submitted to BLRadioRA.

These devices are setup in such a way in HS3 that they can't be controlled in HS3. Button press on/off at the web interface doesn't work. Explicit HS3 command in HS3 event doesn't work either.

The problem is that some buttons in the RadioRA system do send "ON" command only. In order to recognize such button presses I need to take the correspondent HS3 "device" back to "OFF" status so that a subsequent button press is recognized by HS3 and triggers an event.

Please help.

RISquare

Comment

There is no HS3 "device" for "raise" and "lower" buttons of Radio RA Master Controls

Hi Blade,

While BLRadioRA creates abundance of HS3 devices for each RadioRA master control (MC), (assuming that each MC has 15+2=17 buttons, while in reality most MC are 5+2=7 buttons) it doesn't create devices for "raise" and "lower" buttons that are quite common on many RadioRA MC. As such there is no BLRadioRA action upon the press of these buttons.
          BLRadioRA does receive and does log a response by Radio RA

BLRadioRA Info Message Rcvd --> RBP,11,01,S1

RBP stays for "Raise Button Pressed" in this example

however BLRadioRA doesn't act in any way in response to this button press because there is no corresponding HS3 device to act upon.

As a result the press of "raise" and "lower" buttons can not be recognized in HS3 and can't be used for anything.

I will propose a fix in a separate message here.

RUSquare

Comment

Proposed solution to the last 2 problems

Hi Blade,

May I propose a solution to the last two problems.

Why don't you create direct RadioRA triggers in HS3.

BLRaioRA doesn't create any triggers directly now. Instead the users must rely on related device changes to trigger an event.

My experience so far with Master Controls (MC), their respective buttons and "devices" is not very positive as the troubles are listed in the messages above.

I think that it will be very nice and clean solution if you design RadioRA triggers in HS3 as follows

BLRadioRA MC button press trigger -->Select s1/s2---> Select RadioRA MC -->Select RadioRA button --> Select change to On/off or any press

Such clean solution will eliminate about 360 (three hundred and sixty) HS3 devices in my case that are used for RadioRA MC buttons. Those are rarely used and also come with problems as explained in the previous posts.

Thanks,

RISquare

Comment

BLRadioRA LED Control controls the wrong devices

LED Control is supposed to lit a LED light at master control (MC) button. That's all.
              BLRAdioRA LED control command does that ... and more.
              For some reason it turns on/off the associated HS3 device to that MC button.
              This is wrong. The whole idea of MC buttons is for them to "tell" HS3 that someone is pressing a button.
              The only way to do it now in BLRadioRA is to watch for a change of the associated HS3 device to that button.
              If LED control messes with same "device" than it sends the wrong message that someone pressed a button.

This thing needs fixing.

Thanks,

RIsquare

Comment

How to solve previous 3 problems at once

Hi Blade,

May I propose a solution to the last three problems.

Why don't you create direct RadioRA triggers in HS3.

BLRaioRA doesn't create any triggers directly now. Instead the users must rely on related device changes to trigger an event.

My experience so far with Master Controls (MC), their respective buttons and "devices" is not very positive as the troubles are listed in the messages above.

I think that it will be very nice and clean solution if you design RadioRA triggers in HS3 as follows

BLRadioRA MC button press trigger -->Select s1/s2---> Select RadioRA MC -->Select RadioRA button --> Select change to On/off or any press

Such clean solution will eliminate about 360 (three hundred and sixty) HS3 devices in my case that are used for RadioRA MC buttons. Those are rarely used and also come with problems as explained in the previous posts.

Thanks,

RISquare

Comment

I will have a look at the LED control issue and look into adding the MC triggers
                  That will take me a bit of work to get this done - I hope to get to it over the holidays
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

...thanks

Happy New Year 2018 !!!

I'm looking forward to those major improvements of BLRadioRa

RISquare

Comment

Unfortunately I did not get to this over the holidays - just too busy with family and I had to work as well
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

...ok

That's fine. Take your time.

RISquare

Comment

Try out 3.0.5
                          I do not have a RadioRA system so I cannot test out the master control trigger so let me know how it goes
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

... thanks a lot

Thanks a lot. I will. Traveling now for few days but will be back soon at which time I will test and report.

RISquare

Comment

Preliminary test results 3.0.5

Hi Blade,

Here are the results of the first tests of 3.0.5.

1. The "drop down" box named "Master Control" displays all master controls from both S1 and S2 regardless of what system is selected S1 or S2 in the previous box. This is not a major issue but it would be a nice fix if possible.

2. Status "any" doesn't work (doesn't trigger an action) while status "on" and "off" both work for the same button.

3. Major Problem!!! Action is triggered by the same button # of multiple master controls. For example I set the trigger to expect button#1 press on Master Control 3 system 2. My event was triggered by button #1 press on MC3, MC7, and MC9 as you can see from the log below. Only MC3 should've triggered it.

Please fix so that I continue with more testing.

Thanks,

RISquare

Jan-09 8:43:03 AM BLRadioRA Info Message Rcvd --> LMP,100000010000000
                              Jan-09 8:43:03 AM BLRadioRA Info Message Rcvd --> ZMP,000001111101010010000000000XXX00,S2
                              Jan-09 8:43:03 AM BLRadioRA Info Message Rcvd --> ZMP,1000010000000100000000000000000X,S1
                              Jan-09 8:42:58 AM TTS Speak ():test test test test
                              Jan-09 8:42:58 AM Event Event Trigger "test Lutron received on"
                              Jan-09 8:42:58 AM BLRadioRA Info Message Rcvd --> MBP,09,01,ON ,S2
                              Jan-09 8:42:50 AM BLRadioRA Info Message Rcvd --> LMP,100000000000000
                              Jan-09 8:42:50 AM BLRadioRA Info Message Rcvd --> ZMP,000001111101010010000000000XXX00,S2
                              Jan-09 8:42:50 AM BLRadioRA Info Message Rcvd --> ZMP,1000010000000100000000000000000X,S1
                              Jan-09 8:42:47 AM TTS Speak ():test test test test
                              Jan-09 8:42:47 AM Event Event Trigger "test Lutron received on"
                              Jan-09 8:42:47 AM BLRadioRA Info Message Rcvd --> MBP,03,01,ON ,S2
                              Jan-09 8:41:57 AM BLRadioRA Info Message Rcvd --> LMP,000000000000000
                              Jan-09 8:41:57 AM BLRadioRA Info Message Rcvd --> ZMP,000001111101010010000000000XXX00,S2
                              Jan-09 8:41:57 AM BLRadioRA Info Message Rcvd --> ZMP,0000000000000000000000000000000X,S1
                              Jan-09 8:41:55 AM TTS Speak ():test test test test
                              Jan-09 8:41:55 AM Event Event Trigger "test Lutron received on"
                              Jan-09 8:41:55 AM BLRadioRA Info Message Rcvd --> MBP,07,01,ON ,S2

Comment

OK I will take a look
                                Cheers,
                                Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X