No announcement yet.

Major problem only 1 out of 3 types of RadioRA devices recognized and managed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major problem only 1 out of 3 types of RadioRA devices recognized and managed

There are 3 types of light controls in the original RadioRA

- Switch
    - Dimmer
    - Grafik Eye

Each type has associated RS232 commands, which must be used for the control to operate properly.

BLRadioRA recognizes and deals with "Dimmer" only, using the command meant for "Dimmer"

SDL,<Zone Number>,<Dimmer Level>(,<Fade Time>){(,<System)}

There are warnings all over the place in the documentation that using "Dimmer" command for other types as "Switches" or "Grafik Eye" will lead to "unexcpected results"

Quote: "If the Zone Number is a Switch, GRAFIK Eye Control Unit, or a Sivoia Control, the unit may respond to this
    command with unexpected results."

While I'm yet to face major problems managing switches I do face serious problems managing "Grafik Eye" controls where the results are "unexpected" indeed.

I think Blade must do a major overhaul here and properly recognize the 3 types of devices and not to lump them under one type only that leads to "unexpected" results.

Thanks,

RISquare

Can you turn on debug logging and capture me a debug of you controlling a grafik eye unit
    Tell me the device code you are controlling - I would like to see what the plugin is doing and from there determine what would need to change
    Thanks
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Sure. Here it is. I tried to set Grafik Eye to "scene 1". My zone 24 is actually RadioRA Grafik Eye
      Jul-01 11:00:57 AM BLRadioRA Info Message Rcvd --> LMP,000000000000000
      Jul-01 11:00:57 AM BLRadioRA Info Message Rcvd --> ZMP,00000000000000000000000000000X00,S2
      Jul-01 11:00:57 AM BLRadioRA Info Message Rcvd --> ZMP,0000000000000000000000010000000X,S1
      Jul-01 11:00:55 AM BLRadioRA Info Message Sent --> SDL,24,1 --- Set Dimmer Level

As far as BLRadioRA never asks for what type of switch is a particular zone, it has no way of knowing that my zone 24 is Grafik Eye. As I said above BLRadioRA treats all zones the same as if they were dimmers.

Comment

OK can I get you to log a help desk ticket on my site for this one
        I will need to figure out the best way to add a type for these
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

Done. It looks like a big overhaul but it might not be. Just add "type" in the database and make the action depend on the type

For dimmers

SDL,<Zone Number>,<Dimmer Level>(,<Fade Time>){(,<System>)}

For switches

SSL,<Zone Number>,<State>(,<Delay Time>){(,<System>)}

For Grafik Eye

SGS,<Zone Number>,<Scene>{,<System>}

Also, you should take device type in consideration when creating HS3 devices

For dimmers

Dimmable device from 1 to 100

For switches

ON/OFF device 2 fixed values 1 and 100

For Grafik Eye

Device with 5 values - 1, 2 , 3, 4 and 5

Hope this helps.

Comment

Ok this helps - thanks
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

Any news here .....

Comment

I have started it but then got sidetracked with later days at work
                Hopefully this week I will release a beta
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

Beta is out 3.0.13. Thanks Blade for the prompt action. Here are the results of my beta testing.

BL Radio RA now does recognize properly 3 types of devices a) switches b) dimmers and c) Graphik Eye (scenes)

1. Switches - all OK

Proper HS3 devices are created.
                  Proper command/action send out by serial interface
                  SSL,<Zone Number>,<State>(,<Delay Time>){(,<System>)}

2. Dimmers - all Radio RA devices default to dimmers from the previous version, which is correct as the previous version treated them all as dimmers. Same zone setup interface has drop down boxes now that allow user to select the proper type for their devices.

Proper HS3 devices are created
                  Proper command sent out
                  SDL,<Zone Number>,<Dimmer Level>(,<Fade Time>){(,<System>)}
                  Dimmers respond to the command and dim accordingly.

PROBLEM - Device value goes automatically to 100 "ON" after a dim to any value. Fortunately it happens in HS3 only as it doesn't trigger "go to 100%" command over the serial interface.

Example: Say I dim a device to 50% it does dim to 50% and STAYS at 50% no problem there. Only in HS3 I see the device going to 100% automatically after less than a seconds.

3. Grafik Eye (scenes)

HS3 devices are being created with 5 single values 1, 2, 3 , 4 and 5 (see problem below)
                  Proper command is sent out

PROBLEMS

a) There is no OFF ( per documentation OFF is scene 0 )
                  b) same problem as above for dimmers appears here for Graphik Eye, however HS3 device goes to 0 automatically, regardless that 0 is not setup in the "Status Graphics" tab as a legitimate value. Only 1,2, 3..5 are there. As mentioned above it happens in HS3 device only and does not affect the light scene. However this problem is not negligible as it affects the feedback (status report) in HS3 and user is in the dark about the status of his Radio RA devices.
                  c) Radio RA supports 16 scenes and the above command supports 16 scenes. First 5 scenes are linked to hardware buttons on Graphic Eye and are most widely used. The remaining 11 scenes are virtual (no hardware buttons) driven by RS232 commands only. For me personally 5 scenes are enough. To be totally in compliance with Radio RA specs though you may consider making HS3 Graphik Eye devices with one fixed value 0 (OFF) and a range value 1 - 16 with drop down box control.

Comment

... ver. 3.0.15 beta now.

Two problems remain

1. Weird "strings" are stuck in some BLRadioRA devices such as "off" , "on" , "dim 3% ". They are stuck there and do not change regardless of the value or status of the device. They override the information display in device status column of HS3 device management page. See the screenshot below. The string "off" in the first column overrides the real display that is supposed to be "dim 38 %" as the device is dimmed to 38% and the value of the device is 38.

2. Graphik Eye scenes do not work for System 2. (suffix S2 required). They work for System 1 (no suffix required, as S1 is default)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot (227).png Views:	0 Size:	54.1 KB ID:	1315965

Comment

.. ver. 3.0.17 beta seems to fix the problem. Thanks to Blade for the prompt responses and action.

Comment

Working...
                      X