BLRadioRA doesn't recognize button presses on RadioRA Master controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLRadioRA doesn't recognize button presses on RadioRA Master controls

BLRadioRA doesn't recognize button presses on RadioRA Master controls in Ubuntu HS4.
    Tried both v. 3.019.0 and 3.0.20.0 (beta).

When button is pressed than Radio RA sends something like this over the serial interface

MBP, 03,11,OFF,S2

where 03 is the master control #, 11 is button #

I tried to troubleshoot and realized that BLRadioRA displays information like that in the log

MBP,
    03,11,OFF,S2

where the message is split randomly on two lines. Above is just one example. Split happens randomly and sometimes there is no split. Sometimes longer messages split on 3 lines. Sometimes messages merge like the tail of one message as attached to the head of the next message on the same line.

See the screenshot below how incoming messages are randomly split/merged.

This problem emerged after I migrated to Linux/Ubuntu version of HS4. I did troubleshoot the serial connection extensively verifying baud rate parity etc. It is set to 9600 8N1. Furthermore I tested it with program called "minicom" in Ubuntu that receives data over serial connection and it worked perfectly. So cables, settings and connectivity are all tested.

I created another topic here focused on the data split and data merge , as similar split of messages is happening in other situations like status report ( ZMP.... message).

Please help.

Thanks,

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot (536).png Views:	4 Size:	498.0 KB ID:	1600659

Make sure to delete any existing debug log
    Can you turn on debug logging and capture some of this
    Once you have some data then turn off debug logging and attach the debug log zipped
    It is in the HS4 root folder and called BLRadioRA-Detailed.log
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Blade Thanks for taking the time to look into this important to me issue. Per your request attached is the .zip log file. I have pressed two buttons on the master control few times so that you have more material to look at. Please let me know if I need to do more. Thanks. log.zip

Comment

That is the HS log you sent
        I need the debug log called BLRadioRA-Detailed.log in your HS root folder
        It should have got created when you enabled and disabled debug logging in the plugin
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

Blade sorry for misunderstanding. My fault. Attached here is what you are asking for. I did follow your instructions strictly this time. I pressed 5 different buttons on 3 different RadioRA master controls two times each to provide you with more material for analysis. Resulted .zip file is attached. Please let me know if I need to do anything else.

BLRadioRA-Detailed.zip

Comment

OK yes I see some weird things happening
            I will check into this but it is going to have to wait until next week because we are getting ready to go to Florida on vacation
            Once I get down there I have full access to my home machine so I can figure this out and get you a new build to try
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

Blade Thanks. Waiting anxiously....

Comment

... still waiting

Comment

Working...
                X