No devices found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No devices found

I'm using the latest version v1.0.0.65, HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.500.
    I was able to create one device once from this plugin, however, no devices could be found after that.
    Now I have 2 camera, 1 PIR, 1 Door/window sensor and one door bell in my tuya account. I tried several times with the plugin:
    SmartLink starting
    Cloud device registration token created successfully
    Found interface for broadcast: 192.168.0.51
    Broadcasting SmartLink initializtion packets
    Broadcasting SmartLink wifi information
    Waiting for up to three minutes for devices to register with Tuya cloud.
    No device registered yet
    No device registered yet
    No device registered yet
    No device registered yet
    No device registered yet
    No device registered yet
    No device registered yet
    No device registered yet
    No device registered yet
    No device registered yet
    No device registered yet
    No device registered yet
    No device registered yet
    No device registered yet
    No device registered yet
    No device registered yet
    No device registered yet
    No device registered yet
    No device registered yet
    No device registered yet
    No device registered yet
    No device registered yet
    No device registered yet

SmartLink Complete
    What was wrong?

Hi. Are you running the SmartLink from the HS machine or from a laptop running the relay app? A couple things to bear in mind:

The machine needs to be broadcasting on 2.4ghz (easiest to ensure this is make sure your connected to a 2.4ghz network even if its not the one you want to program into the device).
    The devices need to be very close to the transmitter, the signal strength is one thing they use to determine which signal to try and pull the configuration from. Ideally within 2 to 3' feet. There is a relay app to help with this.

Personally trying it from my HS machine is spotty unless I bring the device on an extension cord close, but running the relay app from my laptop (you can download it from the SmartLink page, needs .net or mono depending if windows or linux) I haven't had a failure in months.

Best
    Bill

Comment

Hi Bill, thanks for the reply. I did put all the device (HS, router, the targeted devices) within 2~3 ft'. I ran the smartlink from the laptop with the relay APP. But still the same. Is there any log you can review and help? Thanks.

Originally posted by bsobel View Post
      Hi. Are you running the SmartLink from the HS machine or from a laptop running the relay app? A couple things to bear in mind:

The machine needs to be broadcasting on 2.4ghz (easiest to ensure this is make sure your connected to a 2.4ghz network even if its not the one you want to program into the device).
      The devices need to be very close to the transmitter, the signal strength is one thing they use to determine which signal to try and pull the configuration from. Ideally within 2 to 3' feet. There is a relay app to help with this.

Personally trying it from my HS machine is spotty unless I bring the device on an extension cord close, but running the relay app from my laptop (you can download it from the SmartLink page, needs .net or mono depending if windows or linux) I haven't had a failure in months.

Best
      Bill

Comment

Hi,

No there is no log really, the way Tuya does the device configuration is to broadcast in the clear using the packet lengths so the device can determine the info it needs without already having your wifi config.

With the Tuya backend design, each manufacturer can use the Tuya app or have their own. Tuya doesn't release keys for their app, so effectively the HS plugin is treated as its own manufacturer. That means that devices added to HomeSeer wont show up in the Tuya app and vice versa (even if you use the same country code/email/password in the backend they are still sharded by manufacturer keys). Some devices wont allow them to join a new network unless they are unenrolled from the prior manufacturer first. The cameras I have are like that (btw, the camera support in the plugin is not full, I can control the device but working with Tuya on getting access the the video streams, they haven't opened that up yet). The cameras I tested had to be removed from the Tuya app (delete it and it tells the backend the device is no longer registered) before it would allow the plugin to register them (this is an anti-theft feature). Its possible the other devices you have are also doing that, can you remove one from the Tuya app and see if it then registers?

What kind of laptop are you using, and is the laptop connected to a 2.4ghz band? Also you mentioned the router (assuming wireless) and laptop close together. Try just the laptop within few feet of the device, not the router. If both signals are strong, the device may be having trouble determining which signal to monitor fo the packets (I believe it uses the strongest signal)

Comment

I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to connect 2 different devices that are on the known to work list. I connected them without issue to the Tuya cloud no problem and couldn't install with the plugin. Then I removed them from the Tuya app and tried the plugin no luck. I used relay on both tries, using a Surface Pro 2 which is on the 2.4ghz band (I can see this on my router map). I have the computer and plugs close (within 2 feet of each other) and within 5 foot of the router. What else can I try?

Comment

If you have problems connecting to a network check if the 2.4 wireless has wmm turned on or has only part turned on. I know if you use custom DD-WRT firmware on your router there is a big bug chain about how tuya devices don't work with WMM enabled on DDWRT. However if you shut of WMM you shut of wireless n and go to slower g.

Disable WMM and try it has something to do with the WMM acknowlegement in DDWRT. I have found on ASUS routers tey have WMM but you can disable parts which by default ASUS has "Enable WMM No-Acknowledgement" set to disable and i think this allows these to work on my ASUS AP.

What i did on my DDWRT router was setup a virtal 2.4 AP with WMM off and only use it for my IoT. So i have 3 wireless SSID NAME_2G, NAME_2G_IoT, and my NAME_5G for my 5ghz wifi

Comment

Here are some reading on it:

https://forum.openwrt.org/t/devices-...ife-tuya/18362

https://www.bountysource.com/issues/...o-2-4ghz-radio

Comment

Working...
              X