No announcement yet.

HS4 ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So are you going to no longer support this for HS3 as the plugin still has an expiration date built in if I'm not mistaken.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Is this plugin in beta? I've never applied a kill date to a plugin except for when I'm doing alpha testing prior to adding it to the HS store (where I can then apply licensing)

Sorry, off topic, but just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        So are you going to no longer support this for HS3 as the plugin still has an expiration date built in if I'm not mistaken.
        Sorry, I mean not porting it to HS4. Not incentive too and since the platform is becoming legacy for it I was going to release all the code and remove the expiration dates for the HS3 folks. Ill do that by summer, just on some other projects right now that require more attention.

Comment

Originally posted by bsobel View Post

Sorry, I mean not porting it to HS4. Not incentive too and since the platform is becoming legacy for it I was going to release all the code and remove the expiration dates for the HS3 folks. Ill do that by summer, just on some other projects right now that require more attention.
          I can tell you from experience that many users like 3rd party plugins more than HST plugins so I'm not so sure you should abandon this just yet but that's up to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post

I can tell you from experience that many users like 3rd party plugins more than HST plugins so I'm not so sure you should abandon this just yet but that's up to you.
            Tell you what. If you feel the same way come say August I’ll continue. I think you will shortly see some tech that will be an obvious direction for this space to leverage.

Comment

Back to the TUYA plugin ,, I just happen to like the way CPS TUYA is laid out and it has most of the same functions as the TUYA devices, ALL OFF for one !! Lastly if it was outlet #1 in the CPS TUYA app it was #1 in Homeseer, with the HS4 plugin my four outlet strip outlet #4 became #2,, #1 is not #1, in grid view the top button is #2 , thinking maybe it should be outlet #1 outlet or better yet ALL ON / OFF. No doubt in my mind , 3rd. party plugins are just supported better... It's clear that Homeseer just includes plugins just to wet ones whistle so to say,, most times it just does the basics (Sometimes not even well !!) , it you want it to work and work cool it's clear one has to use 3rd party plugins,, that's the way it it is..

Comment

Hi all. Can anyone offer advice for how to move my cpstuya devices to the hs4 built in app? I've enabled the new plugin and activated it, but I don't see any devices. I'm wondering if I need to delete them all and set them up again.

I would be fine to stay with the cpstuya plugin, but it stopped working and I get an unknown error when trying to open it. It was happening in hs3 as well.

Thanks!

Comment

I'm still hoping this plugin can be used sometime in the future but it's not looking good right now.

Comment

Working...
                  X