June update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

June update

All, with my apologies, I have been unavailable due to ongoing operations. I am very sorry about the expiration, I moved the expiration out a year so I can get the code released to open source before the next expiration. The updater download for both Tuya and Links was updated. I should be back online more regularly by the next quarter.

Sweet and thanks. There are still users using this and we have received several support questions on this expiration as well.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Up and running again, thanks!
      Peter

http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

Comment

Any specific instructions to get CPSLinks installed into an HS4 system?

Comment

Thanks a million!

Comment

I must be dense, I do not see any link for the new update in this first post.
            Also is there a way to update a zee s2 remotely with Linux tools command line?
            I am a total linux newb and it took me forever to figure out how to install this originally.

Edit, I did find the updated override file in another thread.

Comment

So I've found the updated update_override.txt file at https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...rsion-1-0-0-44
              I was able to create a file in the homeseer directly using Linux tools remotely,
              sudo touch updater_override.txt

For some reason I am not able to write to the file using Linux tools. Have tried:
              sudo cat > updater_override.txt ENTER
              paste contents of file from the download page ENTER
              ^D ENTER
              I would think that would work but when I open the file using:
              sudo cat CpsTuyaException.txt ENTER
              The file is blank. This command will open other files for me so for some reason I am not able to write to the file using the CAT command.

Edit:
              Installed PUTTY on my windows machine. Never used PUTTY before, but it was way easier than I thought. After install, just had to type in Zee IP address and connect. Last time I did the original install I had to connect the Zee to keyboard and monitor and figure out how to mount a usb drive to Linux and move the file from the usb.

Then I had to set the root password as it would not let me edit the file without root.
              I was able to use the cat command above and write the updater_override.txt file.

Unfortunately when going to the plugins on Homeseer webpage, I get this error Please wait for the updater control file failed to be downloaded or parsed.
              Do I need to uninstall the TUYA plugin before trying to initiate the new updater_override file?

EDIT: FIXED!!!
              Apparently Linux has a different line ending than Windows and HomeSeer needs the Windows line ending for the updater_override.txt file.
              I used command
              sed -i 's/$/\r/' updater_override.txt
              After running that command I could download and add CPS TUYA in HomeSeer!
              -that was rough for someone that has zero Linux knowledge.

Comment

Working...
              X