Plugin Stopped Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin Stopped Working

I had to restart my HS4 system a couple of days ago and I just noticed today that this plugin no longer works. Normally, I'd see several messages in the log related to account synchronization but now I don't see those on a restart of the plugin. Can't control any bulbs.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Ken
    "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

I noticed this happening with mine yesterday. For me, the issue is the CpsTuya.ini in the config folder was missing the Accounts section. I replaced CpsTuya.ini with an older one from a backup while Homeseer was turned off. This solved the issue, but the problem reoccurs every time Homeseer is restarted. This seems to be the case since I upgraded to 4.1.8.0. I hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks joebagadonuts Same problem you have. Shutdown plugin, restored file from backup and restarted plugin. Now it's working again. It does appear to correlate to 4.1.8.0 since the HS restart I did a couple of days ago was the first since the 4.1.8.0 update. Ran a quick test and while the .INI file gets written when the plugin shuts down, the Accounts section is still OK. I can't shut HS down until this weekend but I suspect it's the HS shutdown that's causing the file corruption since the plugin shutdown seemed OK.
      "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

There appears to be a "race condition" during an HS shutdown that's causing the corruption. I was able to do an HS shutdown and while CpsTuya.ini was successfully saved, the Accounts section was now at the bottom of the text file. A restart and a second shutdown was not successful as the Accounts second was now missing. I'll see if I can get in touch with bsobel and report back.
        Ken

Comment

Oh man. I have this happening too, all my Tuya devices aren't working via HS4 now since a recent stop/start (6-Nov). And when I went reregister it wants to add the devices again. Is this going to duplicate all of them (requiring me to edit all events that use each of them)? 🤦‍♂️

Comment

Originally posted by cmiller@crossoft.com View Post
            Oh man. I have this happening too, all my Tuya devices aren't working via HS4 now since a recent stop/start (6-Nov). And when I went reregister it wants to add the devices again. Is this going to duplicate all of them (requiring me to edit all events that use each of them)? 🤦‍♂️
            I don't think it will create duplicate devices since it uses the tuya device id as a part of the address. Rather than re-registering, just restore Config/CpsTuya.ini from a backup.

Comment

This happened several days ago. Thinking that backup is long gone. I don't see that file anywhere (I only see one backup file - it's a zip?)

Comment

Confirmed. There is a single backup file (crazy that it doesn't keep a few priors) and that file (CpsTuya.ini) isn't in there. Wow.

Comment

Ha, even better, I saw there was an update available for the Tuya plugin, so I tried updating it. It failed. Now it shows as not installed and when I try to install it, it just throws this error without any guidance. Homeseer seems more like homebrew than commercial software.

Attached Files

Comment

crossoft - Sorry for the late reply. I didn't get a notification of any updated posts. What are you using for backup? If the HS4 Backup/Restore, what do you have Max Backups set to?

TBH, I'm pretty much done with this plugin. It never got released beyond using the override.txt file and the developer has already said he's not going to work on it anymore. He did say he'd release it as open source at some point, but who knows when that might be.

Comment

Aha, it was set to only one backup (I guess that's the default). I goosed up the max backups. I've been relying on HS4's internal backup (is there a third party option?)

Yeah, I feel you on that. It seems built to happy path only. I'd shell out money for a supported (and viable) alternative, for sure.

Comment

Based on advice from Michael McSharry , I've re-flashed one of my Tuya bulbs with Tasmota and I'm now setting it up to use MQTT via mcsMQTT.

I followed this video: https://youtu.be/dt5-iZc4_qU

and, since my bulbs are HiKenri, I used this template: https://templates.blakadder.com/hikenri_R60.html

I hope to have all of my Tuya devices converted to Tasmota by the end of the weekend.

Ken

Comment

That's pretty cool. Mine are installed in pretty inconvenient places out in the cold. With MQTT then I wouldn't need to use the cloud Tuya services to communicate with them, right?

Comment

Originally posted by cmiller@crossoft.com View Post
                            With MQTT then I wouldn't need to use the cloud Tuya services to communicate with them, right?
                            That is correct. Or as the guy in the video says "get your sh*t out of the cloud.".

Just a warning, this is a slow and tedious process. I did 4x Hikenri bulbs and 2x Aukey plugs and it takes a bit of work to get them setup on your network and configured with mcsMQTT.

Thankfully, the 22x bulbs for the back patio are put away for the winter rains so hopefully I'll have the console configuration commands worked out before the spring. Still working out some color control issues with Michael but it's looking more and more like an HS4 issue since everything works perfectly with HS3.

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
                              crossoftdeveloper has already said he's not going to work on it anymore. He did say he'd release it as open source at some point, but who knows when that might be.

@bsobel would be great if you would release as open source. I think a lot of people would like to use it. Many new devices are not ESP chips, and not compatible with Tasmota.

Comment

Working...
                              X