Not clear how to add a device?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not clear how to add a device?

I've read a few thread but its still not clear, and I dont see any Wiki or setup instructions.

I have HS3 running on a PC. Do I need to download and run TuyaRelay.exe or just check the box "Use Relay Only"?

Hi Ltek

did u get it working ?

regards
    Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
    Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.0.8.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Ltek

Well i got it working, its polling every 3 seconds thats better than spuds plugin for sensors

just be sure u have a pc with wifi connection on the same network.
      my system is on cable and wifi.
      then go to smart link and put your device in quick flashing
      let it scan it can take a bit, than it will be added.
      i got all this info from the user: peterpc thanks to him i got it going

sadly my tuya lights are not compatable, but door sensors work great, <4sec delay on status change.

Comment

Originally posted by Malosa View Post
        Ltek

Well i got it working, its polling every 3 seconds thats better than spuds plugin for sensors

just be sure u have a pc with wifi connection on the same network.
        my system is on cable and wifi.
        then go to smart link and put your device in quick flashing
        let it scan it can take a bit, than it will be added.
        i got all this info from the user: peterpc thanks to him i got it going

sadly my tuya lights are not compatable, but door sensors work great, <4sec delay on status change.
        thx, I may try it again.

So the PC running Wifi... it must be running TuyaRelay.exe 24x7? Do you have to set that up manually / separately or does the "Use Relay Only" box do that automatically?

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post

thx, I may try it again.

So the PC running Wifi... it must be running TuyaRelay.exe 24x7? Do you have to set that up manually / separately or does the "Use Relay Only" box do that automatically?
          Ltek
          no dont run tuya relay,

i have a test pc connected with a wire to internet, and aswell it has a wifi card also connected to the same network.
          u just create an account on that plugin and then put the device in rapid flashing, press smartlink and let it scan.
          but the device really close to your pc.
          u will see sometimes no device registered, thats no problem, it can take a few tries, but eventually it works.

it has one little problem tho, well on hs4 it does not update the status right away on your page, u need to manually press f5 to see the change, but if u create an event it fires fine, or even with mqtt, u see the change within <4seconds on a window sensor

I did try my LSC RGB bulb but i think its not sopported, i will try today again.
          But the door/window sensor i got from ali works perfect, sadly i could not flash it with tuya convert as it has no esp chip.

Comment

Working...
          X