X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DMX512 Question

Please post your question here

I am super excited about a DMX512 plug-in! I've been planning a work around, using falcon pi player, and it's physical switch capabilities, paired with another pi, and the pi plugin to use relays to activate show sequences. Crude, and an unreliable in timing.

How are you thinking we can create sequences and shows, and how will timing be controlled precisely?

Comment

you can use the event, what I see it is quick, I did't play with it from last fall, my projet is for exterior, I should get back on it soon. if the event is not accurate I can incorporate in the code.

sorry for the delay, I forgot to activate the follow of this post.

Comment

No worries! I can absolutely use this for scene setting on architectural lighting. Would love to start integrating it!

Comment

Can I use any DMX controller or is only Converging Systems supported?
          I have a DMXking eDMX4 which works great with QLC+ and xLights, just wondering if I could use the one I already have.
          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
          Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
          on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
          WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

the code was made for the Converging Systems, It communicate in telnet with it, so I don't think it will work.

Comment

I was searching the net for a product to replace my current led controllers. I have 16(!) Gledopto zigbee controllers mounted in one cabinet. All my Led strips are routed to same place.
              Having so many low cost devices tight together means I suffer downtime on controllers from time to time. Really looking for a wired solution at this time.

Can I use the ConvergingSystems ENode IP with any DMX512 controllers? i.e. this one: https://www.electronio.gr/en/dmx-led-controller-32x4a-12-24v-dc-px3204-oled-en.html

Almost all of my LED strips are CWW (cold and warm white). I see you specify only single color or RGB for your plugin. Can it be updated with CWW also?

Comment

Yes any DMX512 will work, when you are talking CWW, you will use one channel for cold and one for warm white?

Comment

Correct. My exact strips are linked below. Guess they work pretty much the same if they are dual whites.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...217437508.html

​​​​​​​

Comment

So I don't see why it won't work. it will be easy for me to make an option for the CWW.

Comment

Working...
                    X