Hubitat plugin instructions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hubitat plugin instructions

I am trying to use the habitat plugin, but am having difficulties. There is no documentation that I can find on how to actually get this accomplished, and I have no experience with this. Any help, specifically step by step instructions would be much appreciated!

Yes it would seem the documentation needs to be updated now with the release. I'll get on that.

In the meantime here's a quick intro:

Pre-Requisites:
    1. Hubitat Hub setup with devices
    2. Hubitat Maker API app installed
      1. Go to Apps
      2. Add Built-In App
      3. Click Maker API in the list
        1. Security - Local IP Address must be on. Cloud access is up to you
        2. Select Devices (Click to Set)
          1. Select the device(s) you want to be available through Maker API
      4. Endpoints - Local URLS
        1. Copy the "Get All Devices with Full Details" Link
        2. You can come back to the Maker API app to get this link if you miss this step
      5. Click Done
    Plugin Setup
    1. Hubitat Maker API URL
      1. Paste the URL form Step 2.4.1 above
      2. Select your room/floor
      3. Click Connect / Re-Scan Devices
    In your HomeSeer Device page you will need to use the drop downs to make sure the room/floor/Device Types are checked to make the devices visible. If you suspect any problems go back to the plug-in setup and enable debug logging. This will output verbose details to the HS3 Log.

Comment

I am having trouble getting the plugin setup. Here is the page I see
      Enable Logging

Allow Endpoint to Control These Devices.

WARNING: Any device selected here will have full access to its attributes and events as well as have the ability to send any command to the device

Endpoints

Local URLS

URLS:
      Get All Devices
      Get All Devices with Full Details

Get Device Info (replace [Device ID] with actual subscribed device id
      http://192.168.0.117/apps/api/11/devices/[Device ID]?access_token=44501821-0dd6-4cde-8ea2-(balance omitted)

Get Device Event History (replace [Device ID] with actual subscribed device id
      http://192.168.0.117/apps/api/11/devices/[Device ID]/events?access_token=44501821-0dd6-4cde-8ea2-(balance omitted)

Get Device Commands (replace [Device ID] with actual subscribed device id
      http://192.168.0.117/apps/api/11/devices/[Device ID]/commands?access_token=44501821-0dd6-4cde-8ea2-(balance omitted)

Get Device Capabilities (replace [Device ID] with actual subscribed device id
      http://192.168.0.117/apps/api/11/devices/[Device ID]/capabilities?access_token=44501821-0dd6-4cde-8ea2-(balance omitted)

Send Device Command (replace [Device ID] with actual subscribed device id and [Command] with a supported command. Supports optional [Secondary value]
      http://192.168.0.117/apps/api/11/devices/[Device ID]/[Command]/[Secondary value]?access_token=44501821-0dd6-4cde-8ea2-(balance omitted)

What goes in the Hubitat Maker API URL: Box on the setup page?

Comment

The Get All Devices with Full Details URL

Comment

hello,

I was able to create the root device for my 2 devices in hubitat (rheem econet app and Sinope floor thermostat Th1300zb) but it only created the root device and the temperature measurement for each.

It didn't create the other devices.

Here is what was created in homeseer

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by ebenisteriecst View Post
            hello,

I was able to create the root device for my 2 devices in hubitat (rheem econet app and Sinope floor thermostat Th1300zb) but it only created the root device and the temperature measurement for each.

It didn't create the other devices.

Here is what was created in homeseer

Thank you
            Neither of those devices have been tested/validated as I don't have either of them. I can say No thermostat of any kind has been validated at this point. I can work on adding support for those devices. There's the easy way and the more difficult way.

Easy Way. Send me devices.
            Longer more difficult way. Send me the full output from Maker API (email or private message) please do not format or change it just copy it and save it all to a text file and send it. Send me screenshots of the device pages for the devices so I can see what controls Hubitat is showing so I can mimic them. I can then review it and see how the devices are presented through Maker API and start on adding the devices. This part will be a long back and forth of changes being made and betas being uploaded and you testing.

Comment

All I get is an error in the logs:
              Posting back to plugin web page HubitatConfig: Invalid IL code in System.Net.Http.HttpClient:.ctor (): method body is empty. -> Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object:__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper (intptr,intptr) at (wrapper remoting-invoke) HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI:PostBackProc (string,string,string,int) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc (Scheduler.StateObject& state, System.String Data) [0x00036] in <7559e587c425419191158a614d9e22a2>:0

Comment

Originally posted by pcgirl65 View Post
                All I get is an error in the logs:
                Posting back to plugin web page HubitatConfig: Invalid IL code in System.Net.Http.HttpClient:.ctor (): method body is empty. -> Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object:__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper (intptr,intptr) at (wrapper remoting-invoke) HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI:PostBackProc (string,string,string,int) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc (Scheduler.StateObject& state, System.String Data) [0x00036] in <7559e587c425419191158a614d9e22a2>:0
                I'll let Michael handle from here but that is a Mono problem with Mono 6.x they broke HttpClient. Your options are to update to latest beta/nightly of Mono and keep hoping testing they fix it or to downgrade to Mono 5.

Comment

My mono version is 4.6.2.

Comment

Originally posted by pcgirl65 View Post
                    My mono version is 4.6.2.
                    Minimum required is 5

Comment

Well that would explain it!

Comment

I am getting similar errors in the log when I try to configure Hubitat.
                        Posting back to plugin web page HubitatConfig: A task was canceled.-> Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object.__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper(intptr,i ntptr) at (wrapper remoting-invoke) HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(string,string,string,int ) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc (Scheduler.StateObject& state, System.String Data) [0x00036] in <47f3a07f91174a3295a188939bcd1b0d>:0

Mono version

HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.548
                        Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2V5 4.9.35-v7+ #1014 SMP Fri Jun 30 14:47:43 BST 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 1 Hour 16 Minutes 57 Seconds
                        IP Address: 192.168.1.64
                        Number of Devices: 104
                        Number of Events: 121
                        Available Threads: 398
                        HSTouch Enabled: True
                        Event Threads: 0
                        Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
                        Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
                        Device Exec Queue: 0
                        HSTouch Event Queue: 0
                        Email Send Queue: 0

Enabled Plug-Ins
                        3.0.7.2: Hubitat
                        3.0.7.1: Insteon
                        3.0.1.252: Z-Wave

Comment

I have a recent Linux install where Mono is 5.18.0.240. I do not have any issues with this and the Hubitat plugin that is in the HS3 updater. Since that has been identified as a Mono issue the best next step is to get the current version of Mono installed.

Comment

Michael, I upgraded to mono 5.20.1.19 and at least got a different error. It's hard to say if it's progress or not.
                            Posting back to plugin web page HubitatConfig: Index was outside the bounds of the array.-> Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object.__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper(intptr,i ntptr) at (wrapper remoting-invoke) HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(string,string,string,int ) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc (Scheduler.StateObject& state, System.String Data) [0x00036] in <47f3a07f91174a3295a188939bcd1b0d>:0
                            Thanks Chuck

Comment

This can be painful when the issue is in the bowels of the core software. What I did with the attached is remove all the processing in the PostBackProc of the plugin. With the attached it simply returns an empty string. If you continue to get the error then it is happening before the plugin has any chance to deal with it. If you do not get the error then it becomes more debug to see where along the way of handling it is happening.

Save your existing HSPI_Hubitat.exe and replace it with the one in the attached. If it works then no error in the HS Log
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X