Wish list of improvements for plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Michael,

I see that the plugin is currently free on the HomeSeer store, do you plan on monetizing the plugin in the future or keeping it free?

I’m currently on break from HomeSeer until HS4 is out, but this plugin is crucial for my environment as I have a lot of Zigbee devices. I have no problem supporting you for your work either way.

Comment

The plugin will remain.free.

for my linux testing I use winSCP to copy unzipped file to homeseer folder on linux.

I will submit 3.0.7.0 to updater. I believe this version addresses all outstanding requests. let me know if I missed any.

Comment

Michael, I for one really appreciate you taking over on this PI. I'm now using the Hubitat to get all my Zigbee devices into HomeSeer in place of the zigbee2mqtt device. Hubitat has a much better range and stability and I'm just learning it's other capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
          The plugin will remain.free.

for my linux testing I use winamp to copy unzipped file to homeseer folder on linux.

I will submit 3.0.7.0 to updater. I believe this version addresses all outstanding requests. let me know if I missed any.
          You are seriously the best. Thank you so much for your commitment to keep doing this for free. I can't believe your MQTT integration is free too!

Comment

Originally posted by natemate View Post

You are seriously the best. Thank you so much for your commitment to keep doing this for free. I can't believe your MQTT integration is free too!
            +1

Comment

I am currently trying this out as I want to be able to use my SmartLife RBGW lights in HS and I thought it might be easier doing it this way rather than trying to setup a MQTT connection. However, although the device status updates in HS when the lights turn on and off in hubitat, nothing happens when I try to turn them on or off in HS. Is there any way to get these to work with this plugin? I also have konnected setup in hubitat that I use for doors opening and closing sensors that I would like to use in HS.

Comment

I have a Sengled RGB Zigbee light and the following devices are created by Hubitat plugin for it. Controls exist for color and brightness and they do control the bulb. If you enable the debug from Hubitat config page then a file will be created in \data\hubitat\hubitat_debug.txt. It includes the data after a control button or box is used. You can post it as a zip or email to mcsSolutions at CenturyTel dot net so I can see what the plugin is sending and receiving.

With my mcsMQTT plugin I customize the UI so color picker can be used and looks like sliders are coming. The raw hubitat device format does not look to be too user friendly for managing the color space so I could likely do something similar to mcsMQTT for this. It is not related to your issue.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	203
Size:	205.2 KB
ID:	1345509

Comment

Your log did not show any attempt to control a HS device that was created by Hubitat plugin.
                  The log does contain Hubitat updates of devices including some lights which properties that the plugin does not have HS devices. An example is "blueLevel" for Deck Step Lights.

Coincidentally I ran across an issue yesterday when testing with HS4 for devices that have SetLevel property. This could be the same issue you are seeing with HS devices not being created. It was fixed in 3.0.7.1. Extract HSPI_Hubitat.exe into your HS3 folder from http://mcsSprinklers.com/HSPI_Hubitat_3.0.7.1.zip and restart the plugin.

If this does not solve the issue then send the log again, but this time include when debug is enabled as startup or when the Connect/Sync button is used on the Hubitat plugin Config page. This is really what I need to understand the device creation.

Comment

This seems to have worked! I can turn the deck lights on and off from HS or Hubitat! This will be easier than setting up MQTT (which I know nothing about)!

Comment

Originally posted by natemate View Post

+1

Comment

Michael,

Here is what is in the Maker API where it says to enter under the label "URL to send device events to by POST". This was obtained from the bottom of the Maker API page.

http://192.168.0.32/apps/api/3379/po...token=xxxxxxxx

Here is what is in the box in Homeseer ". This was obtained by clicking on the blue link "Get All Devices with Full Details". Then copy the URL at the top.

http://192.168.0.32/apps/api/3379/devices/all?access_token=xxxxxxxx

So is this right or backwards or not filled in correctly? Tokens removed for security. The only thing that shows up in Homeseer out of all the hubitat devices selected is an office light which I have no control of. TIA

Comment

Michael,

Here is what is in the Maker API where it says to enter under the label "URL to send device events to by POST". This was obtained from the bottom of the Maker API page.

http://192.168.0.32/apps/api/3379/postURL/[URL]?access_token=xxxxxxxx

Here is what is in the box in Homeseer ". This was obtained by clicking on the blue link "Get All Devices with Full Details". Then copy the URL at the top.

http://192.168.0.32/apps/api/3379/devices/all?access_token=xxxxxxxx

So is this right or backwards or not filled in correctly? Tokens removed for security. The only thing that shows up in Homeseer out of all the hubitat devices selected is an office light which I have no control of. TIA

Something wonky here it won't let me edit or delete the one above

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	139
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	1346104

The link you are interested in is the one that shows up as a hyperlink Get All Devices with Full Details. From Chrome you can right click, copy link address to put it in the Windows clipboard. You can also click it and then extract from the URL line in the browser.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	69.4 KB ID:	1346104

The link you are interested in is the one that shows up as a hyperlink Get All Devices with Full Details. From Chrome you can right click, copy link address to put it in the Windows clipboard. You can also click it and then extract from the URL line in the browser.
                              I have selected the blue link with full details and copied and pasted that URL address at the top of the page into the Hubitat PI. What I get is one device out of 21 and it cannot be controlled.

What is the correct setup in Hubitat for the MAKER API app. That is where I think it is wrong. Thanks

Here is a couple of errors in the logs.
                              Dec-11 6:12:43 PM Error Posting back to plugin web page HubitatConfig: Index was outside the bounds of the array.-> Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)
                              Dec-11 3:48:42 PM Error Posting back to plugin web page HubitatConfig: Cannot deserialize the current JSON object (e.g. {"name":"value"}) into type 'HSPI_Hubitat.Hubitat.Models.DeviceModel+HubitatDevice[]' because the type requires a JSON array (e.g. [1,2,3]) to deserialize correctly. To fix this error either change the JSON to a JSON array (e.g. [1,2,3]) or change the deserialized type so that it is a normal .NET type (e.g. not a primitive type like integer, not a collection type like an array or List) that can be deserialized from a JSON object. JsonObjectAttribute can also be added to the type to force it to deserialize from a JSON object. Path 'url', line 1, position 7.-> Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)

Comment

In my MakerAPI app in Hubitat the top of the page is

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	48.8 KB ID:	1346113

The grayed Selected Devices is what is clicked to get to the checkboxes that are the filters to enable access to Hubitat plugin

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture1.PNG Views:	0 Size:	38.6 KB ID:	1346114

It looks like the URL that you have in Hubitat plugin is not what it is expecting as the data returned is not in the format expected. There may be additional information that is available in the plugin debug when debug is eanbled from the plugin config page. It will show the full content of what is being retrieved from Hubitat Elevation.

Comment

Working...
                                X