Questions about using Hubitat PI for Zigbee vs HS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about using Hubitat PI for Zigbee vs HS4

I just ordered a hubitat elevation hub as I am curious to see how well it performs with Zigbee. I have heard really good things about HE and Zigbee as well and so this was the reason for the purchase. I am wondering with HS4 stating it will support Zigbee, does it make sense use this PI over the HS4 supported one?

HST has not disclosed their zigbee approach for HS4, but likely will be similar as their cloud-based support they have for HS3.

There should be no reason not to use the Hubitat Elevation plugin. it was also my first plugin that was converted for native HS4 use. it does not use the cloud so everything is local.

Comment

Thanks Michael McSharry I would rather prefer local so I am going to give this a try when I get my hub. I also want to experiment with Hubitat a bit to see how it performs.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
        HST has not disclosed their zigbee approach for HS4, but likely will be similar as their cloud-based support they have for HS3.
        No, the HS4 Zigbee plugin will be completely local.

Comment

Is HST coming out with their own branded Zigbee coordinator and if not what HW will be required for HS4 to talk Zigbee?

Comment

Just found this. It is not clear, but to me it looks like it needs a cloud based gateway with a local plugin:

HomeSeer supports on-off-dim control of Zigbee LightLink bulbs through the use of the Osram/Sylvania Lightify Gateway and cloud service. When configured, HomeSeer will be able to control LightLink bulbs directly or via automated events.

Ref: https://homeseer.com/zigbee/

Comment

Originally posted by ando1 View Post
              Just found this. It is not clear, but to me it looks like it needs a cloud based gateway with a local plugin:

Ref: https://homeseer.com/zigbee/
              This is for the HS3 plugin that uses the Lightify Gateway
              The HS4 plugin will take a different approach (completely local) and use a USB dongle as the Zigbee coordinator. Not sure which one yet.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

This is for the HS3 plugin that uses the Lightify Gateway
                The HS4 plugin will take a different approach (completely local) and use a USB dongle as the Zigbee coordinator. Not sure which one yet.
                OK thanks for the clarification Spud. I purchased the upgrade when they were offering the 65% discount so I am eager to check it out.

Comment

Working...
                X