Plugin Gets Device List but Does Not Control Them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin Gets Device List but Does Not Control Them

As the subject says. I can connect to the hubitat and it shows all the devices in homeseer - but controlling devices does nothing. I don't see anything in the debug logs and I don't see anything in the hubitat logs.

Where to start troubleshooting?

Did you go to Hubitat after the device was created in Homeseer and hit sync?

Comment

There is a debug option and the debug file will show what the plugin did when the HS device button was pressed and what Hubitat returned as a response.

Comment

Follow-up to this. It appears that sometimes the plugin hangs. I can't tell what's causing it. Debugging is enabled and nothing appears in the debug log when I try to control a device or get status. Nothing appears in the hubitat logs either.

Turn the plugin off and then back on, and all-of-a-sudden everything is working, and I can see entries in the debug log and hubitat log.

Happy to help provide whatever info you might need on this, just let me know.

Comment

I'm not certain how to approach this debug. If the plugin becomes non-responsive with HS, then HS will restart it. The plugin debug file will contain a record of getting the SetIOMulti call from HS when a device is commanded. The log will also contain any communications with the Hubitat hub. I think the best next step would be to enable developer mode from the HS. There are console outputs on error traps.

Comment

Sounds good - can you let me know how to do that? I've never developed for HS3.

Comment

From Plugin menu
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	202
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	1353850

Comment

Done. If/when it happens again, I'll grab logs.

Comment

You will be looking at the console for additional information.

Comment

Oh got it. I restarted hs3 and I see the console windows now.

Comment

Another question or action. If you cannot command a device are you sble to get to the plugin settings page and execute the sync button? Does it produce anything in the debug log?

Comment

So I ran into this same issue, and I can confirm that nothing was produced in neither the debug log nor console log. It was as if the plugin was disconnected, but HS showed it to still be active. Restarting the plugin didn't help, nor did restarting Homeseer.

I think it's an issue with the websocket becoming disconnected, but that's just a hunch. Another clue is possibly the device map JSON file is not being updated correctly or becoming corrupted. The reason I bring this up is because I had a device missing the battery child device. I deleted the root device and other child devices, and then synced with Hubitat again (several times). Each time the plugin would recreate the root device and children, except the battery child device would still be missing.

I solved the issue (hopefully) by completely deleting all Hubitat files from HS (including the devicemap.json file) and then reinstalling fresh. I'll monitor the plugin closely and see if anything further happens. It's been running good for a few hours now, so keeping my fingers crossed.

--Barry

Comment

When I first took over the plugin there was a request for a keep-alive type capability and was actually the first thing I changed, but then later removed it. I did not look on the Hubitat forum, but it seems like a MakerAPI capability for heartbeat would be useful so the plugin can at least be aware the connection has been lost.

I did add the retention of communication with Hubitat in the debug file. This allows me to replay what users experience so I have a more convenient means to address any issues. If you do get issues again then it may be useful to let me have your debug file so I can investigate.

Comment

Yep, will do. So far, so good today. The more I've thought about it, the more I think it was an issue with the device map. In the console log I could see the websocket getting opened when I would hit the sync button. In the Hubitat log I could see a "retrieve all" command being received. But no info would show as coming back from Hubitat through the websocket to the plugin (no further activity in the console log). No errors, no nothing but crickets.

I'll keep an eye on it and let you know if anymore issues pop up.

--Barry

Comment

My issue is that the Hubitat device (only one so far - a GE on/off Zwave+ switch) shows up in the devices list on HS3, HS3 displays the status when it changes, but will not control the device. I do not see where in the Hubitat I can sync the device. I have the latest firmware on Hubitat. Just do not see a Sync command anywhere. Help, anyone? Where is the Sync button?

Comment

Working...
                              X