Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you provide some more details?

Comment

Here is what I know so far. With the HS4 hubitat plugin installed, it's causing issues with other plugins stuck in pending states. I'm having to restart HS4 multiple times and it's hit and miss if all plugins will come up.

If I remove the hubitat plugin, everything starts just fine.

It also states in the plugin status "Loaded Remotely" for the hubitat plugin. The other plugins if running correctly will show "Okay".

Comment

I believe I have been able to observe a similar behavior and also similar to what was reported in the release notes thread. I captured the HS log below that that shows Hubitat disconnected just after the Tuya plugin was loaded. HS4 then tried to restart Hubitat but now the plugin page shows Hubitat as status being remote rather than OK and there is no ability to disable Hubitat.

Two issues here. One is the interference of two plugins and the second is how HS4 manages the restart of a disconnected plugin. I had Hubitat and the Sample Plugin and they were happy playing together. Things went south when I loaded Tuya. I will try to get some more insight. I did confirm that both Hubitat and Tuya did correctly have their probing paths for dlls properly setup so it should not be conflict of dll versions.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	188
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	1359870

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
          I believe I have been able to observe a similar behavior and also similar to what was reported in the release notes thread. I captured the HS log below that that shows Hubitat disconnected just after the Tuya plugin was loaded. HS4 then tried to restart Hubitat but now the plugin page shows Hubitat as status being remote rather than OK and there is no ability to disable Hubitat.

Two issues here. One is the interference of two plugins and the second is how HS4 manages the restart of a disconnected plugin. I had Hubitat and the Sample Plugin and they were happy playing together. Things went south when I loaded Tuya. I will try to get some more insight. I did confirm that both Hubitat and Tuya did correctly have their probing paths for dlls properly setup so it should not be conflict of dll versions.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	188
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	1359870
          Thanks for the research.

This is exactly what I'm expericing.

Comment

I've got news for you, it's not just the Tuya plugin as I have the same issue with the AK Bond plug in. When I start Hubitat for HS4 it knocks out the AK Bond and from there I can't use either. When I uninstalled Hubitat and reinstalled the HS3 plugin it is fine and everything works AK Bond plugin and even the Tuya plugin. I tried everything with the Hubitat HS4 plugin (copied files over etc per instruction) from the HS3 Hubitat plugin but no love.

Anyway HS3 plugin is running fine at version 3.0.7.2 so I'll stay there for now. Got lot's more fishing to do with this HS4 Beta software release and haven't even launched the boat yet! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bigstevep View Post
              I've got news for you, it's not just the Tuya plugin as I have the same issue with the AK Bond plug in. When I start Hubitat for HS4 it knocks out the AK Bond and from there I can't use either. When I uninstalled Hubitat and reinstalled the HS3 plugin it is fine and everything works AK Bond plugin and even the Tuya plugin. I tried everything with the Hubitat HS4 plugin (copied files over etc per instruction) from the HS3 Hubitat plugin but no love.

Anyway HS3 plugin is running fine at version 3.0.7.2 so I'll stay there for now. Got lot's more fishing to do with this HS4 Beta software release and haven't even launched the boat yet! Lol
              I'm only using the HS4 plugin.

I don't want to rebuild every single event under HS3's plugin. I've been at this for two days now.

Comment

Ah I didn't rebuild everything I just loaded the HS3 Hubitat plugin and copied over the Hubitat.ini and the hubitat-devicemap.json from a back up I did before the HS4 install and all is running just fine on HS3. I didn't rebuild anything from the HS3 Hubitat plugin install.

Comment

I ran down the cause of the issue being the json file that is created in the HS4 updater. It names the plug-in Hubitat Elevation rather than mcsHubitat. This is not something I can fix, but I will inform HST of the issue when I submit the plugin again. I have no idea of why it has the effect it has with other plugins, but when I worked around it the behavior was restored to what was expected.

As I was testing again I saw some other things that needed some clean up so took care of these too. It is now at 4.1.0.2. If you want to install it then it needs to be done manually until this version is available from the updater. To do this download http://mcsSprinklers.com/HSPI_mcsHubitat_4_1_0_2.zip and place this file in the HS4 folder. Extract the attached also into the HS4 folder. When going to HS4 plugins menu, add, there will be a single listing for mcsHubitat. Select it and this override will replace the version from the updater. Remove the updater_override.json file from HS4 folder to get access back to the HS4 updater.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I ran down the cause of the issue being the json file that is created in the HS4 updater. It names the plug-in Hubitat Elevation rather than mcsHubitat. This is not something I can fix, but I will inform HST of the issue when I submit the plugin again. I have no idea of why it has the effect it has with other plugins, but when I worked around it the behavior was restored to what was expected.

As I was testing again I saw some other things that needed some clean up so took care of these too. It is now at 4.1.0.2. If you want to install it then it needs to be done manually until this version is available from the updater. To do this download http://mcsSprinklers.com/HSPI_mcsHubitat_4_1_0_2.zip and place this file in the HS4 folder. Extract the attached also into the HS4 folder. When going to HS4 plugins menu, add, there will be a single listing for mcsHubitat. Select it and this override will replace the version from the updater. Remove the updater_override.json file from HS4 folder to get access back to the HS4 updater.
                    Sorry I didn't follow the instructions.

I downloaded HS4 plugin, extracted and moved it to the folders listed in the install.txt file.

Is this good enough or should I follow the suggested way?

The plugin currently shows 4.1.0.2 as the version number.

Comment

I do not know what the implications are for the json file in the HS4 folder. It was the only thing that I found made a difference. It seems that HS4 reads that file and remembers something about it that is causing issues. This is all a black box so all I can do is react based upon what I observe from outside the box.

Comment

I do not know what the implications are for the json file in the HS4 folder. It was the only thing that I found made a difference. It seems that HS4 reads that file and remembers something about it that is causing issues. This is all a black box so all I can do is react based upon what I observe from outside the box.
                        No I’m rerferring to installing your update.

i just copied over the exiting files and started hs4.

Comment

If you have not issues then great. If you do have issues then I have provided a procedure that worked for me to resolve the issues that I observed. I have staged the updater submittal, but would like confirmation form somebody else that what I am ready to submit will actually resolve the issue being seen.

Comment

If you have not issues then great. If you do have issues then I have provided a procedure that worked for me to resolve the issues that I observed. I have staged the updater submittal, but would like confirmation form somebody else that what I am ready to submit will actually resolve the issue being seen.
                            Okay I’ve now done it like you’re instructions indicated.

the plugin now shows okay.

Comment

Than You. I will click the submit button for the updater.

Comment

BTW - the updater has version 4.1.0.2, but it is still listed as Hubitat Elevation, which means it still has the issues discussed above. Installing manually works fine, so no worries, but just FYI.

Comment

Working...
                                X