Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ikea motorized blind control via Hubitat plugin

Hi -

Trying to be able to control Ikea motorized blinds with homeseer via the hubitat plugin. I purchased a returned shade from ikea and have successfully integrated the Ikea blind with the Hubitat. I am able to control it from hubitat. I have installed the Hubitat elevation plug-in and am able to see teh Ikea Blind through that. I shouw the following devices in Homeseer:
    • The blind itself ( I assume the root device)
    • Battery level
    • Switch level
    • Ramp rate
    The switch level device has an on and off button and a slider. moving the slider and pressing the on and off buttons do not do anything to control the blinds. Ramp rate just has a value in seconds... not sure what to do with that.

Any suggestions on how to make this work?

Thanks for any guidance you may have.

Ed

The Switch Level is an attribute from Hubitat that indicates it is like a dimmer with many positions in a range possible. The Ramp rate is create by the plugin to allow speed control of how fast the change is from one level to the next. For the blinds you can ignore the Ramp rate device.

The debug log will contain the command that is being sent when you press the on/off or move the slider. Debug needs to be enabled from the settings page. The output is in \data\hubitat folder as a text file. You can post it or email to mcsSolutions at CenturyTel dot net so I can see the control that is being provided. Your IP and API key are redacted in the debug output.

Comment

Is there any other way to control these blinds?

Comment

The Shelly 2.5 or the Shelly 2 have roller blinds logic built into their WiFi device. https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...lay-and-switch described the Shelly 2.5 in relay mode. It also has a roller mode. MQTT, REST and other protocols are native available with the factory Shelly firmware. mcsShelly is a special case application of MQTT, mcsMQTT will also interface it. alexbk66 has a plugin for sale that uses REST.

I cannot say specifically what the IKEA product is expecting, If it already has zigbee or zwave interface then the Shelly device will not work. If it has a direct digital (relay) interface then the Shelly 2.5 or 2 should work

Comment

Thanks Michael - I will post the debug info as soon as I can.

Just as an FYI to everyone - the Ikea shades are Zigbee controlled. I am able to control them from my Hubitat directly, but my goal is to bring these zigbee-controlled blinds into my Homeseer ecosystem and control them from HomeSeer..

Comment

Is there any other way to control these blinds?
            Zigbee2MQTT supports two models of the IKEA blinds. The USB dongle for Zigbee2MQTT is $10 https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...ailable-for-10

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture7.PNG
Views:	375
Size:	169.9 KB
ID:	1364093

Comment

Working...
            X