New C7 hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New C7 hub

Folks, does anyone have the new C7 hub (I have one on order), and does this plugin work well on that for Zwave and Zigbee devices?

thx
    mike

I have the unit available at the start of 2020. I do not expect to get a new model. My expectation is that what has already been developed for Hubitat Elevation will continue to work with revisions of the hub hardware. Being new I doubt if there is sufficient data available to compare performance. My only data points is that all zigbee and Zwave that I have attempted to use have worked, but my sample set is small.

Comment

I'm getting one tomorrow and will test it over the weekend and let you know. I doubt there is going to be a problem since the hub is the same as the C-5 with just the new Zwave radio and Zwave stack changing. Since the Maker remains unchanged (or so I've read) it should be fine. I have limited Zwave on the HT hub as most is on my Znets but I should have enough on it to test it.

Comment

Mine just showed up too. I don't have time until the weekend to play with it, but seems to have really great device support...

Comment

Any updates on this? I am constantly having issues with my Schlage locks on my Z-Net so I am thinking of moving the locks and a few repeaters to my Hubitat as I don't see as many issues with these locks in the Hubitat forum. If I was going to do that I would first upgrade to the new Hubitat. Did anyone upgrade from an older Hubitat hub? Is it easy?

Comment

I'm running a C7 and it works just fine. I didn't upgrade and just set it up as a new hub. If you want you can use the Hub Protect service. It costs $29.95 a year ($19.95 for additional hubs if you want). It stores all the hub info on the cloud and then it would transfer devices, rules, etc.(migrate) to the new hub. If you have a lot of devices etc. it might be worth it to subscribe for a year verses the time it would take. My guess it that since your new hub would have a different IP address you would need to create a maker link on that migrated hub and import that into HS with the mscHubitat plugin. I haven't seen or heard of any issues with the migration from hub to hub but your mileage may vary.

Comment

Working...
            X