Log Shows Strange Info - What Is It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Log Shows Strange Info - What Is It?

Log is showing these entries constantly and there doesn't seem to be a way in the PI to shut them off. What are they from and what do they mean? thanks

EDIT: Looks as if it is the Orbit Sprinkler controller that is connected to a HE hub and it controls 12 valves. So mcsHubitat is picking up these from HE hub app that controls the Orbit.

Can these entries be blocked in the HS mcsHubitat PI?

8/29/2020 8:43:31 AM
    mcsHubitat
    Info
    HS Feature 789(Valve) updated with value 0

mcsHubitat
    Info
    HS Feature 785(Valve) updated with value 0

mcsHubitat
    Info
    HS Feature 781(Valve) updated with value 0

mcsHubitat
    Info
    HS Feature 777(Valve) updated with value 255

mcsHubitat
    Info
    HS Feature 773(Valve) updated with value 0

mcsHubitat
    Info
    HS Feature 769(Valve) updated with value 0

mcsHubitat
    Info
    HS Feature 765(Valve) updated with value 0

mcsHubitat
    Info
    HS Feature 761(Valve) updated with value 0

8/29/2020 8:41:21 AM
    mcsHubitat
    Info

8/29/2020 8:41:18 AM
    mcsHubitat
    Info

8/29/2020 8:41:16 AM
    mcsHubitat
    Info

8/29/2020 8:41:15 AM
    mcsHubitat
    Info

I don't have an Orbit but it looks like the polling setup on the HT device and on the HS device. Make sure you aren't polling at both places. Where did you write the event for watering, in HT or HS? Secondary you don't really need to use pooling as the switches (on/off) will let you know instantly when the device in the event has changes. 255 means the device is on and zero means the device is off. It's just polling all devices that's why the 255 and zeros.

Comment

It is a situation where the Orbit is on a HE hub and through MakerAPI I am controlling it in HS with a event. So I am not sure who is doing the polling because I have not set that up on either side. Either HE is pushing this info through MakerAPI to HS or HS is going back through MakerAPI and getting it that way. Of course this is all a guess since I don't really know how MakerAPI works. I hate HE's Rule machine so that is why I am doing it this way. I may just have to go set up a rule in HE and deal with it.

Comment

This looks to me to be the HS4 plugin. The settings page for it has a log option setting.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
          This looks to me to be the HS4 plugin. The settings page for it has a log option setting.
          Yes the plugin is 4.3.1.2. The option for "Log HS Device Update" is unchecked. So not sure where and how it is getting this info.

Comment

I searched the code for each Info log statement and in all cases it was conditioned by the Log HS Device flag. I also looked to confirm that the flag was actually controlling the internal logic. Something to try is to toggle it On, Save, toggle Off, Save to assure mcsHubitat.ini has the desired level. I could also provide some more targeted debug output if I have more info as to the capability disclosed by Hubitat for these valves. This is so I can identify where the debug should be placed.

Comment

How does the Orbit connect to HT? Is it through an Orbit API? If so maybe the API is refreshing (polling) HT which in turn refreshes HS.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigstevep View Post
                How does the Orbit connect to HT? Is it through an Orbit API? If so maybe the API is refreshing (polling) HT which in turn refreshes HS.
                The Orbit connects to the hubitat hub through their built in app. No way to know what it is doing without the guys running hubitat telling us.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                  I could also provide some more targeted debug output if I have more info as to the capability disclosed by Hubitat for these valves. This is so I can identify where the debug should be placed.
                  The staff at Hubitat would have to give out that info because the Orbit is controlled by a built in app made by them. Probably not very likely.

Also after looking at my first post I noticed that there was more than one valve showing On and that can't happen. At least I know only one valve was On at one time.

Comment

OK I did a quick look and you are connecting WiFi to a HT driver. I don't see it as a built in app or driver in HT and I see the Orbit app/driver on github as hubitat-orbitbhyve code. Is this what you are using? The built in Orbit app connects to this if it's what you are using.

I think Michael was referring to the HT/HS plugin debug that's in your HS directory.

Comment

Bigstevep Here is a pic of hubitats device page for the Orbit. As you can see it is Zigbee and is using the built in driver.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pic3.png
Views:	176
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	1415437

Comment

I think Michael was referring to the HT/HS plugin debug that's in your HS directory.
                        That is correct. Debug enabled from plugin config. Restart Plugin or use the Sync button on the root device. Data in \data\mcsHubitat as a .txt file.
                        Another approach is to go to MakerAPI, links, use all data link. Put it in browser and copy/paste the returned data.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
                          Bigstevep Here is a pic of hubitats device page for the Orbit. As you can see it is Zigbee and is using the built in driver.
                          OK I'm with you now, just a straight Zigbee device tree. If you can post a pic of the Commands/Preferences above that I'll have a look and see if it's there.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigstevep View Post

OK I'm with you now, just a straight Zigbee device tree. If you can post a pic of the Commands/Preferences above that I'll have a look and see if it's there.
                            There is really nothing there in those 2 areas. In the Parent under Commands is Configure and Refresh. Under the Preferences there is a slider to enable logging. In the Child devices there is not much more. See pic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pic1.png
Views:	159
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	1415454

Comment

Yeah you don't have anything to work with there since it's a Zigbee/Iris controller. All the newer Orbit controllers are WiFi. You can really do everything in HT if you have one of these (schedules, rain delay, etc.) Sorry I can't help but maybe Michael can as maybe polling or some other things are exposed in the maker that aren't getting pulled over into HS but I doubt it.

Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X