Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jayhawk
    replied
    Thanks... and thanks for the suggested way to keep comm active.

Leave a comment:

• Bigstevep
    replied
    I believe that is the correct behavior If there is no activity (nothing communication back and forth) then the Watchdog isn't going to reset to zero. What I did (I have three HT hubs) is created a switch timer device in HT that when it turns On 10 seconds later it turns itself Off. Then I pulled over the switch timer device into HS and created an event in HS that every five minutes (depending on my hub) I turn ON that HT device switch and after 10 seconds HT resets the switch Off, this resets the Watchdog to zero. The way my HT hubs are set up I have one HT hub that 95% of the time doesn't have a switch being activated (they are either On or Off, basically static) so that hubs Watchdog would just count up.With the switch timer every five minutes it turns On and 10 seconds later it turns off Off and resets the Watchdog. It's very easy to set up the Switch Timer just search HT Switch Timer With Reset, add that code to driver code, create a virtual device in HT using that code, set your reset delay etc., put it in the API and pull it over to HS and create your event in HS, DONE.

Leave a comment:

• Jayhawk
    started a topic Watchdog Behavior

Watchdog Behavior

The watchdog timer used to reset to zero after around 40 seconds on average. Now it never resets to zero until I activate a device linked to Hubitat Maker API. Activating one of these devices is successful even though watchdog shows many seconds and would continue to increase if I didn't activate a device.

Hubitat Elevation plugin ver 3.3.6.0

Working...
X