Device in HS sync to HE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device in HS sync to HE?

I have this integration running successfully. My initial needs were to keep my HE hub with the devices and mirror them over in HS. However as life has progressed a little, I am looking at having a device zwave connected to HS and mirror it over in HE. Will this plug in support that? I am not sure how I would set that up, as unlike in HE and the Maker app, I am not aware of a config screen in HS to select devices to include.

Is there way to send HS native devices over to HE, either in this plug in or another?

This plugin will not source devices that are not known by Hubitat. It may be possible to setup a device in Hubitat that is like a virtual device and then mirror your Zwave device into this virtual one so that Zwave updates are reflected as Hubitat updates. I am not familiar enough with using Hubitat to know how to do something like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
      This plugin will not source devices that are not known by Hubitat. It may be possible to setup a device in Hubitat that is like a virtual device and then mirror your Zwave device into this virtual one so that Zwave updates are reflected as Hubitat updates. I am not familiar enough with using Hubitat to know how to do something like this.
      This would be awesome if it could be done. I am playing with hubitat right now for second home. I currently use homeseer. I like the dashboard feature of habitat. I would move all my devices over to hubitat and use the rule engine of homeseer. The only thing i cant move is my insteon stuff. But if we could do a virtual switch that would be cool

Comment

SO I was able to do this with a virtual device and some events.
        Its not pretty but it works.

Here is what I did for the fan to keep it in sync if it was controlled from either location.
        I have 4 events and 1 virtual fan device on Hubitat. Keypad C sets the fan to low.

If I control the fan from homeseer.
        1. Homeseer to Hubitat LR-Fan Low if I Turn my insteon keypad to C on it updates the Virtual Hubitat Fan device in Homesser
        2. Homeseer to Hubitat LR-Fan Off if I Turn my insteon keypad to C Off it updates the Virtual Hubitat Fan device in Homesser

If I control the fan from Hubitat
        1. Hubitat to Homeseer LR-Fan Low if I Turn Virtual Hubitat Fan device to low it will turn on my insteon Keypad C
        2. Hubitat to Homeseer LR-Fan Off if I Turn Virtual Hubitat Fan device to off it will turn on my insteon Keypad C
        Let me know if that makes sense.
        Thanks
        Mike

Comment

The concept and implementation look reasonable. I don’t see any Zwave in post #4. I assume this is example using Insteon rather than Zwave.

Hubitat control always turn keypad C on. I assume the second is actually off.

Comment

The concept and implementation look reasonable. I don’t see any Zwave in post #4. I assume this is example using Insteon rather than Zwave.

Hubitat control always turn keypad C on. I assume the second is actually off.
            You are correct this is insteon. But you could do the same thing with a zwave device.

Comment

Why? Hubitat is so damn buggy and inconsistent. All it ever did was cause me headaches.

The best automation choice I made was scrapping that pile of crap!!!

Comment

Why? Hubitat is so damn buggy and inconsistent. All it ever did was cause me headaches.
                There does seem to be a pretty broad user base getting a good result. I have had no issues with what I have tried to do with Hubitat and I have not experienced any issues with consistency of operation. I suspect your experience is based upon what you wanted it to do vs. what it was designed to do.

Comment

Originally posted by mik3 View Post

The best automation choice I made was scrapping that pile of crap!!!
                  I like the zigbee support. I would not be using the hub for rules. I would still be using homeseer for that. Using michaels plugin is working great. I do like the some of the dashboards.you can create.

Comment

There does seem to be a pretty broad user base getting a good result. I have had no issues with what I have tried to do with Hubitat and I have not experienced any issues with consistency of operation. I suspect your experience is based upon what you wanted it to do vs. what it was designed to do.
                    At one point I believed that. Where is that line drawn in the sand? My main automation was around mainly lighting.

I couldn’t even do that right.

Comment

Working...
                    X