Add Additional Hub Connections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add Additional Hub Connections

Any chance there is something in the works or that can be added as to being able to connect to more than 3 Hubs? Thanks

Nothing in the works, but the structure is in place for any number of hubs. How many do you want?

Comment

Three has been working well for me but I don't have a spare for testing so four would be great. HT also implemented Mesh Hubs so that you can share devices across HT hubs. I haven't tried it yet but I think that you can use a shared device from one hub and put it in the maker on the other hub and share it with HS like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
        Nothing in the works, but the structure is in place for any number of hubs. How many do you want?
        It would be nice to have at least 4 or 5. I know there are other people that say they have 5 but 1 sometimes is for testing. I have 4 so I personally would only need 1 more.
        Thanks for considering.

Comment

I put in provisions for six. http://mcsSprinklers.com/HSPI_mcsHubitat_4_3_11_0.zip for HS4. No change to the HS3 plugin.

I also augmented the name of each Device with a HEx- prefix where x is the Hub number in range 1 to 6. This takes effect when new Devices are created. Of course users can change the name as they desire after it has been created. This just makes it easier to manage newly created associations.

Comment

Thanks Michael. I have installed the plug in and it added the extra three slots for the URL's. I'll test some devices later today.

Comment

Thank you very much Michael. I have it reading my 4th hub. Perfect!

Comment

Working...
              X