No announcement yet.

No command works as of 2 days go... I think Hubitat OS update changed something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No command works as of 2 days go... I think Hubitat OS update changed something

Michael McSharry

your PI was working perfectly until 2 days ago after I run update of the Hubitat OS. Today I updated Hubitat again (2nd update) and updated Echo Speaks to 4.0 (from prior 3.x). Same problems...

dev:82021-01-29 07:23:44.335 pm warn Echo (4.0.3.0) | Uh-Oh... The speak(hello) Command is NOT Supported by this Device!!!
    dev:82021-01-29 07:23:08.069 pm warn Echo (4.0.3.0) | Uh-Oh... The speak(Bed time. Lights off in 5 minutes) Command is NOT Supported by this Device!!!

You must be referring to the Echo stuff as I’ve taken their updates and everything is working for me (I don’t use Echo) and I have lots of devices, all types no issues.

Comment

I am running HE 2.2.4.158 and EchoSpeaks 3.6.4.4. I just updated EchoSpeaks yesterday and that was the latest. Where are you getting 4.x?
      I did update of HS to 2.2.5.124 and after restarting everything I had normal operation with EchoSpeaks.

Comment

I figured out the issue, in case someone else has the same problem...
        After roaming around in the Echo Speaks menus I found the Amazon was not logged in anymore. No clue why (my login hasnt changed) and NO info in the Hubitat logs to indicate the problem... only " warn Echo (4.0.3.0) | Uh-Oh... The speak(Bed time. Lights off in 5 minutes) Command is NOT Supported by this Device!!!" (total bug in Echo Speaks to put out a bogus error). I will let the dev know.

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
        I am running HE 2.2.4.158 and EchoSpeaks 3.6.4.4. I just updated EchoSpeaks yesterday and that was the latest. Where are you getting 4.x?
        I did update of HS to 2.2.5.124 and after restarting everything I had normal operation with EchoSpeaks.
        4 is in beta. Looks like many improvements in the UI and it seems faster.

Comment

I also had the issue with the Amazon login was not working and that is why I was poking around and updated Echo Speaks to the latest version. I tried to edit things to get the login back without success. I had to reinstall from scratch so that the server with Amazon login could be setup again. When I got to the Echo Speaks configuration it was obvious (in red) that the connection to Amazon was lost, but I agree that until I got that far I had similar unhelpful message is the logs.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
            I also had the issue with the Amazon login was not working and that is why I was poking around and updated Echo Speaks to the latest version. I tried to edit things to get the login back without success. I had to reinstall from scratch so that the server with Amazon login could be setup again. When I got to the Echo Speaks configuration it was obvious (in red) that the connection to Amazon was lost, but I agree that until I got that far I had similar unhelpful message is the logs.
            I opened an issue in git. maybe if ypu post saying you had the same problem they'll at least add an error message when it trys/fails to process commands.

https://github.com/tonesto7/echo-speaks/issues/580

Comment

I lost my Amazon login again today. If I try to enter credentials with the server then it fails and eventually need to change my Amazon password and reinstall Echo Speaks. I first noticed after I installed Hubitat platform update today. I did not notice if Evho speaks was working or not immediately before I did the platform update.

at least this time I knew how to recover and whatvevents had to be redefined so it did not tsk nearly as long to recover as last time.

Comment

Working...
              X