FYI - Hubitat plugin comms stop and requires restart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI - Hubitat plugin comms stop and requires restart

Michael McSharry Not sure why this happens but it has a few times for me. The PI it disconnects and/or doesnt reconnect properly to the Hubitat. I only use the Hubitat for Echo Speaks (ATM) so not sure if it is just a Maker API thing or what.

It was working great for about a week after the last go-round... but stopped working ~1.5 weeks ago (HS3 has not been rebooted in 13 days). I didnt have time to mess with it until today.

No commands have been spoken in around 12 days. Today I updated the firmware and rebooted the hubitat, not HS3... but still no commands sent to Hubitat as Logs do not show any comms from HS3 even when I opened your PI and told it to rescan the devices.

The only way to get it communicating again with Hubitat was to turn off/on the PI in HS3 plugin manager screen

There is a sync feature on the root hub device in HS. Clicking this should reestablish a connection with Hubitat. There is also a Timeout feature which is the time since the last communication with Hubitat. What others have done is a virtual device in Hubitat that that assures that Hubitat communicates something periodically and then in HS trigger on the Timeout feature gets too large that indicates the connection has been lost. The event can, action the sync feature automatically. The plugin manual has info on this and there is a thread here discussing the subject when the Timeout was added.

The problem I have is the Echo Speaks hekuro server looses connection with Amazon. Attempts to enter login credentials again results in a message that browser needs cookies enabled. The only way I have been able to recover is to install a new instance of Echo Speaks and do a fresh install at the server with the new Echo Speaks key.

Comment

I don't know about the Echo stuff as I don't use it but what Michael is referring is how I do it. You create a device that is a switch timer with reset in Hubitat (search Hubitat custom drivers) Set it up as a momentary switch, I set mine on 10 seconds then reset. Put this in your Maker API and import it into HS. In HS I have an event that every 5 minutes it turns on the switch timer, it shuts itself off 10 seconds after that and resets the Watch Dog Timer to zero, hence syncing the hub and HS.
      I also found (like others) that every so often the Hubitat hubs will hang so three times a week (middle of the night) I do a reboot on my Hubitat hubs. Just create an event to do this based on time/days of the week, etc. My event reboots the hub, wait 5 minutes (to be safe) then run a Sync the hub. Since I've been doing this (a long time now) no more issues.

Comment

Working...
      X