Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions

By adding a Hubitat hub and the plugin, this sounds like it might address some things I've been trying to do for a while. The echo speaks, and being able to initiate Alexa routines would be the most valuable. I saw on the Hubitat web site that it also can display a dashboard. From that, can you also initiate events from HS?

Yes if the device was imported into HS using the Hubitat plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Bigstevep View Post
      Yes if the device was imported into HS using the Hubitat plugin
      So would you (or could you) import a virtual device from HS that could then fire off an HS event that based on its on/off state?

Comment

Yes you can create a virtual device in HS and create the event around that OR just use the device you imported from HT into HS and use that device. For example I have a lot of Zigbee devices in HT mainly motion sensors. I import them into HS and then create an event in HS using one of them. If the HT Zigbee motion sensor device imported into HS has motion turn a light on if no motion turn off. I also use their Zone Motion App that allows me to use a group of motion sensors and create a Zone Motion device and import that into HS. If any of those motion sensors in HT has motion then it turns on the Zone Motion device, if all of the motion sensors in the Zone Motion device have no motion then turn off the Zone Motion device. Works Great!

Comment

Working...
        X