Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reliable Lock Device

Hi Mike,

I have just started moving my z-wave locks over to Hubitat due to poor performance on homeseer. Not all of the functions are showing up in homeseer. Here is the information on the device, the screen shot from Hubitat and also from Homeseer.

Is it possible to get the lock functions added? I am using two devices here. The first is the standard lock device. The second is a custom device handler called Reliable Lock. It is an incredible lock handler that monitors when the lock is not responding properly and reissues commands to it. It is a life saver. Thanks.

{"name":"Generic Z-Wave Lock","label":"Basement Door Lock","type":"Generic Z-Wave Lock","id":"1186","date":"2021-04-16T02:56:31+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["Configuration","LockCodes","Actuator","Refresh","Batter y"," Lock","Sensor"],"attributes":{"battery":"90","dataType":"ENUM","values":["added","changed","deleted","failed"],"codeLength":null,"lastCodeName":null,"lock":"locked","l ock Codes":"{"2":{"code":"1111","name":"Guest"},"1": {"name":"Family","code":"2222"}}","maxCodes":"30","codeCh ang ed":"added"},"commands":[{"command":"configure"},{"command":"deleteCode"},{"comman d": "getCodes"},{"command":"lock"},{"command":"refresh"},{"c omma nd":"setCode"},{"command":"setCodeLength"},{"command":"unl oc k"}]}

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 11.02.32 PM.png
Views:	247
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	1469086Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 11.01.28 PM.png
Views:	154
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	1469089

{"name":"Reliable-Basement Door Lock","label":"Reliable Basement Door Lock","type":"Reliable Lock Virtual Device","id":"1249","date":"2021-04-15T19:56:31+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["Lock","Actuator","Refresh","Battery","Sensor"],"attributes":{"battery":"90","dataType":"ENUM","values":["locked","unlocked with timeout","unlocked","unknown"],"lock":"locked"},"commands":[{"command":"lock"},{"command":"markAsLocked"},{"command": "ma rkAsUnlocked"},{"command":"refresh"},{"command":"setBattery" },{"command":"unlock"}]}

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 10.58.40 PM.png
Views:	143
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	1469087Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 10.56.33 PM.png
Views:	156
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	1469088

The HS3 plugin update is at http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsHubitat_3_4_3_0.zip

I also prefixed the child device name with the parent name for HS3.

I ran into an issue with the data provided for testing. The Newtonsoft JSON parser complains about the lock codes. When I looked deeper into it the parser does not allow embedded quotes within a string such as shown with the "Y" text in the second line below. Further Google search indicated that the embedded quotes need to be escaped. This means MakerAPI will need to be updated for the Generic Z-Wave Lock to escape the quotes such as was done for the Echo Speaks integration.

Code:
    fail:  "lockCodes":"{"2":{"code":"1111","name":"Guest"},"1": {"name":"Family","code":"2222"}}"

fail:  "lockCodes":"X"Y"Z"

correct encoding: "lockCodes":"X\"Y\"Z"

Comment

Oh, this is cool. You can get and control all the lock codes via Zwave as well?

Comment

Mike I just tried this update and I only get a root device and a battery from the lock or the reliable lock. I tried excluding and re-including. I tried unchecking in maker and then adding it back in. All the same. No doubt I am doing something wrong?

Comment

Can you provide the debug file from the plugin? The pdf file was updated to show what I obtained. Note also the embedded quotes. I do not know if MakerAPI provides it the way you posted, but the debug file will have what MakerAPI does provide.

Comment

This is what I am seeing in the debug file:

{"name":"Reliable-Basement Door Lock","label":"Reliable Basement Door Lock","type":"Reliable Lock Virtual Device","id":"1249","date":"2021-04-23T22:11:32+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["Lock","Actuator","Refresh","Battery","Sensor"],"attributes":{"battery":"90","dataType":"ENUM","values":["locked","unlocked with timeout","unlocked","unknown"],"lock":"locked"},"commands":[{"command":"lock"},{"command":"markAsLocked"},{"command": "ma rkAsUnlocked"},{"command":"refresh"},{"command":"setBattery" },{"command":"unlock"}]}

{"name":"Generic Z-Wave Lock","label":"Basement Door Lock","type":"Generic Z-Wave Lock","id":"1186","date":"2021-04-23T22:57:58+0000","model":null,"manufacturer":null,"capabili ties":["Configuration","LockCodes","Actuator","Refresh","Batter y"," Lock","Sensor"],"attributes":{"codeChanged":"added","dataType":"NUMBER", "va lues":null,"lock":"locked","battery":"90","codeLength":null, "lastCodeName":"Family","lockCodes":"{"2":{"code":"1111 ","name":"Guest"},"1":{"name":"Family","code":\ "2222"}}","maxCodes":"30"},"commands":[{"command":"configure"},{"command":"deleteCode"},{"comman d": "getCodes"},{"command":"lock"},{"command":"refresh"}

Comment

If you look at what you have posted you will find it is formatted for human rather than machine use with spaced added. For example "capabili ties" should be "capabilities". If you post the file rather than cut/paste then this problem will not occur. Alternately use the code tag by first using the icon # from then posting menu and then put the pasted text between the two code tags that were inserted.

I added the version number in the HS log and reuploaded to make certain the file is the same as I tested. http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsHubitat_3_4_3_0.zip. You can use the Updater Override process, but for this plugin all you need to do is extract mcsHubitat.exe from the zip and put it in the HS folder then enable the plugin.

Another thing to look at is the Config page firewall to make certain the Lock device is not not firewalled.

Comment

Michael, when you get this sorted out will you update the HS4 plugin as well?

Comment

I has already been integrated with HS4 plugin http://mcsSprinklers.com/HSPI_mcsHubitat_4_4_3_0.zip

Comment

Ok thanks, missed that. I'll give it a whirl when I get a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post

If you look at what you have posted you will find it is formatted for human rather than machine use with spaced added. For example "capabili ties" should be "capabilities". If you post the file rather than cut/paste then this problem will not occur. Alternately use the code tag by first using the icon # from then posting menu and then put the pasted text between the two code tags that were inserted.

I added the version number in the HS log and reuploaded to make certain the file is the same as I tested. http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsHubitat_3_4_3_0.zip. You can use the Updater Override process, but for this plugin all you need to do is extract mcsHubitat.exe from the zip and put it in the HS folder then enable the plugin.

Another thing to look at is the Config page firewall to make certain the Lock device is not not firewalled.
                      Thanks for this. I will need to pay more attention. I have seen this happen a lot, I am not sure it is for readability, I have noticed that sometimes it converts these spaces into little smily faces. Key, I think, is to not use an html editor but a plain text editor as it ignores this stray character that keeps coming up.

Locks work nicely. Not really concerned about the codes. I had tried to set certain codes based on the time of day but then no one sticks to their codes in my house and so it was all largely pointless.

Comment

Working...
                      X