Having Trouble Setting up Hubitat with NuHeat Thermostat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having Trouble Setting up Hubitat with NuHeat Thermostat

I have a Hubitat Elevation hub that is linked to my NuHeat thermostat. I added the HS3 Hubitat plugin, and followed the directions in the User Guide, including the Maker API instructions. Here is my device list:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	1477694
    I am confused about a few things:

Changing the HeatingSetPoint value in HS3 causes the corresponding change in Hubitat. None of the other Thermostat devices in HS3 seem to have any effect on the device settings. Is this correct?

I am not seeing some of the NuHeat devices that are shown in the mcs Hubitat User Guide. In particular, the ThermostatHoldSetpoint, ThermostatHoldDateTime, ThermostatSchedule, and ThermostatHomeAway are missing.

Also, clicking on the "Set" control for the Hubitat devices for Away, Day, Evening, and Night seem to have no effect on the respective device status in HS3, and also do not show up on the Hubitat.

Changing the HeatingSetPoint value in HS3 causes the corresponding change in Hubitat. None of the other Thermostat devices in HS3 seem to have any effect on the device settings. Is this correct?
    They should all have control info sent to Hubitat. The console (enabled with developer mode checkbox) shows each command sent. It is also in the debug file created by the plugin when it is enabled from the plugin's Config page.

I am not seeing some of the NuHeat devices that are shown in the mcs Hubitat User Guide. In particular, the ThermostatHoldSetpoint, ThermostatHoldDateTime, ThermostatSchedule, and ThermostatHomeAway are missing.
    The plugin creates the devices advertised by Maker API. This advertisement is available in the plugin's debug. Zip up and post this file and I can take a look to see they are present and how the plugin processes it.

Also, clicking on the "Set" control for the Hubitat devices for Away, Day, Evening, and Night seem to have no effect on the respective device status in HS3, and also do not show up on the Hubitat.
    The debug is the best place to look for the communications between Hubitat and the plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post

They should all have control info sent to Hubitat. The console (enabled with developer mode checkbox) shows each command sent. It is also in the debug file created by the plugin when it is enabled from the plugin's Config page.
      How do I enable the console? I found the developer mode checkbox at the top of the list of Installed Plug-ins, but checking it did not seem to have any effect.

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post

The plugin creates the devices advertised by Maker API. This advertisement is available in the plugin's debug. Zip up and post this file and I can take a look to see they are present and how the plugin processes it.
      Here is the debug file. It is very short, so I did not zip it.

[ATTACH]n1478901[/ATTACH]

I also noticed that the Hubitat PI does not appear to reach "OK" status in the Plug In Management screen:

Views:	62
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	1478902

Thanks again for the assistance.

Comment

How do I enable the console? I found the developer mode checkbox at the top of the list of Installed Plug-ins, but checking it did not seem to have any effect.
        When the plugin starts the window will open on Windows. I do not think it is supported on Linux, but I think if you start HS from console then the plugin and HS will share the same console outputs.

The debug does not include the plugin startup when the device disclosure is queried. It will also be in the debug output after using the Sync button on the config page.

I do not know what HS uses to asses pending status. As long as you are able to interact with the plugin then I would not worry about it.

Comment

I got the console window to open. Here is the output as I entered several commands to the various devices. You can reference the device numbers in the screenshot above.

Views:	55
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	1479038

As I stated before, clicking the "set" button in HS3 for all of the Away/Day/Evening/Night devices does nothing (in either HS3 or Hubitat). However, if I make the change in Hubitat, it does show up in HS3. Is this the way it is supposed to work? If so, what is the "set" button in the PI for?

Did you have a chance to review the debug log?

Comment

I was not clear with
            The debug does not include the plugin startup when the device disclosure is queried. It will also be in the debug output after using the Sync button on the config page.
            This refers to the posted debug attachment. What I need is the debug that exists when the plugin starts or after the Sync button has been used. This will tell me what capabilities that MakerAPI is disclosing for the thermostat. I did see that there was a schedule update and one other being reported and no capability created in HS to update the device with this info.

Comment

Michael--I think I got what you needed this time:

hubitat_debug.txt

Comment

The capability being recognized in the plugin is "NuHeatSignatureThermostat" without any spaces while the debug file shows ""NuHeat Signature Thermostat". I changed the plugin to recognize either. See if this works for you.

HS3: http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsHubitat_3_4_4_1.zip
                HS4: http://mcsSprinklers.com/HSPI_mcsHubitat_4_4_4_1.zip

Comment

Working...
                X