Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone using Hubitat's MyQ App and pulling garage door devices into HS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone using Hubitat's MyQ App and pulling garage door devices into HS?

I just set this up today on Hubitat... this PI is pulling in the two garage doors and creating HS devices BUT there are no status control buttons/values created. Yet, all open, close, send close, send open buttons exist in Hubitat.

Anyone have this working, or an idea on a fix?

thx

Why not use the free HS4 myQ app?
    πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

This is a HS3 thread. I do not think myQ was offered for HS3.

...this PI is pulling in the two garage doors and creating HS devices BUT there are no status control buttons/values created
      If you want update of the Hubitat plugin then I will need to see what is being communicated from Hubitat.

From the user manual...

Two features exist for support. One is to collect data associated with the communication between Hubitat Maker and the plug-in. This is enabled by a Debug checkbox on the Config page. The collected data will be in the file \Data\hubitat\hubitat_debug.txt. The two main debug lines are those that start with β€œHubitatDevice:” and appear when plugin starts or when the Re-Sync button on the Config page is used. The second is β€œMessage received:” which occurs when Hubitat detects a change in state of a device it is managing. It is the event message

You can post or email the debug file to mcsSolutions at CenturyTel dot net.

Comment

Michael McSharry -- just emailed you the log. thx for the help!

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        Rupp -- HS4 is too risky. Many veteran users have been posting new problems/issues and UI changes / device handing are still a moving targets. My HS3 system is working and I've worked-around all the HS3 "uniquenesses"... dont want to do that all over again with HS4.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
          Michael McSharry -- just emailed you the log. thx for the help!

Rupp -- HS4 is too risky. Many veteran users have been posting new problems/issues and UI changes / device handing are still a moving targets. My HS3 system is working and I've worked-around all the HS3 "uniquenesses"... dont want to do that all over again with HS4.
          I understand. I too have a very complex system and a few unsupported interfaces so I'm keeping HS3 running along side of HS4 and making my slow migration and consolidation. I'm down to my last Hs3 plugin "JowiHue". I'm only using some ZigBee door sensors so I may eliminate these altogether now that I have the Z-Wave locks I do not need the door sensors any longer.
          πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

The HS3 plugin update for MyQ Garage is at http://mcsSprinklers.com/HSPI_Hubitat_3450.zip. Replace the file of same name that is in HS folder after first disabling plugin.

The debug file did not have any status update information as the garage door was being opened and closed. I guessed as to how this status may be coming. If status is not being updated then provide the debug file again after controlling the door.

The commands that Hubitat will accept are "close","open","sendClose","sendOpen" and "updateMyQDeviceId". What I implemented in HS are buttons from close and open. I did not create a HS device for updating MqQDeviceId. I can any any of these if they are desired.

I did not see any reason for the pluign to have created any HS devices before this update. I suspect they should be deleted, but since I do not know what they were I cannot provide specific guidance. The hubitat device id for the two garage doors are 41 and 42. For my test using your data I created HS devices 4814/4815 and 4827/4828 for Hubitat devices 41 and 42. The type of device is GarageDoorControl. What do you see on the Config page for the type of device for Hubitat devices 41 and 42 before you do a plugin update? This will tell me what the released plugin is using to create the HS devices for MyQ.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	571
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	1515349

Comment

Thanks Michael McSharry , I've download it and will install it a little later on today. I'll send you the log file as soon as I have it.

Appreciate, again, your continued support!

Comment

Working...
              X