Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Support for the Insteon 2862-222 Lock Controller?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Support for the Insteon 2862-222 Lock Controller?

I'm slowly transitioning from the few Z-Wave devices I have to all Insteon and one of the last pieces I have left is a Z-Wave door lock. I'm considering replacing it with a MiLock (using the Insteon Lock Controller) and was wondering if the plugin supports it.

Link: http://www.smarthome.com/insteon-286...ontroller.html

Thanks!

EDIT: I just realized this device is essentially the MorningLinc. In that case, (assuming the device is somewhat different from the MorningLinc), is it still supported? If so, what commands are supported? (I.E. Is it just "lock/unlock" or can you change codes/run events when the wrong code is entered/etc?)

the two devices are basically the same; its just lock/unlock. neither device gets feedback from the lock directly
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I really dislike Z-wave (in that I would like to be all Insteon). However, having tried both, The Z-wave locks are much, much better. I changed all my locks to Z-wave.

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post
        I really dislike Z-wave (in that I would like to be all Insteon). However, having tried both, The Z-wave locks are much, much better. I changed all my locks to Z-wave.
        Same here. It sucks that I need to keep z-wave around just for my locks.

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
          the two devices are basically the same; its just lock/unlock. neither device gets feedback from the lock directly
          So you can't see if the door is unlocked from Homeseer? Insteon really needs to introduce their own line of locks.

Comment

Originally posted by joey52685 View Post
            So you can't see if the door is unlocked from Homeseer? Insteon really needs to introduce their own line of locks.
            correct, the lock itself doesn't report status. status can only be retrieved from the morninglinc which could be out of sync with the actual lock.

I would suggest submitting something to the following forum:

http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-...vice-wish-list
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

This is good to know. I ended up going with another Z-Wave lock instead of a Morning Industry lock. I like having the extra functionality (such as seeing if the lock was tampered with, seeing locked/unlocked status, etc), and the Morning Industry locks would not have satisfied that.

I do wish that I didn't have to keep Z-Wave around just for the locks, but I guess it's better than nothing.

Thanks for the help, guys!

Comment

Working...
              X