This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about 3 way circuits

I have several 3 way circuits (think top and bottom of stairs/hallway) that are normal switches. I'm going to replace them with Insteon devices. All my current Insteon devices are on 2 way circuits. I have a couple of questions:

1. Can I use a 2477d at each end of the 3 way? I get the impression that I can and that one is primary and one is secondary. The current switches are a dimmer at one end and a three way switch at the other.

2. Is there any linking that I need to do in HS3 or are they linked by virtue of the wiring between them?

Thanks!

we discussed some of this on the previous thread.

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=185848

1. yes you can use 2477d at each end. this is preferred if you want to dim at either end.

2. you will need to link the two switches. Use the Cross Link option and the plugin will build the necessary links in both directions. Nothing is linked based on wiring.

Remember to cap off the red line on the secondary switch. it isn't necessary.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks very much.

Comment

Working...
      X