This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to add an Insteon Thermostat 2441ZTH

I am trying to add an Insteon Thermostat Model 2441ZTH and I keep getting a failure because the device is not supported.

I am getting the following in the log.

Jul-19 3:04:08 PM Insteon Considering link complete as a tap-add request from device 45.83.A0 ()
    Jul-19 3:04:10 PM Insteon Tap-add mode failed to add the device at address 45.83.A0 because: The Device Type is not supported. Check the HS Log for additional information.

What am I doing wrong? I have tried using Tap-Add and manual for device 45.83.A0.
    I am using Mark Sandler's Insteon v 3.0.6.0. I am running hs3.

Walt

Originally posted by Walt Boudreaux View Post
    I am trying to add an Insteon Thermostat Model 2441ZTH and I keep getting a failure because the device is not supported.

I am getting the following in the log.

Jul-19 3:04:08 PM Insteon Considering link complete as a tap-add request from device 45.83.A0 ()
    Jul-19 3:04:10 PM Insteon Tap-add mode failed to add the device at address 45.83.A0 because: The Device Type is not supported. Check the HS Log for additional information.

What am I doing wrong? I have tried using Tap-Add and manual for device 45.83.A0.
    I am using Mark Sandler's Insteon v 3.0.6.0. I am running hs3.

Walt
    Mark's plugin does not support thermostats directly. You need Nathan Robertson's plugin. Info here.

Comment

Thanks Claude. I installed Nathan Robertson's plugin, and it did register the Insteon 2441ZTH and everything looks good except for one thing. It shows the external temp at the top of the screen, and it has an external device in homeseer, but the temp does not change in homeseer. It stays at 50 degrees.

The main temp changes on thermostat and homeseer.

The external temp is the reason I purchased the thermostat. I want to replace a Oregon water probe temp sensor.

Walt

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Boudreaux View Post
        Thanks Claude. I installed Nathan Robertson's plugin, and it did register the Insteon 2441ZTH and everything looks good except for one thing. It shows the external temp at the top of the screen, and it has an external device in homeseer, but the temp does not change in homeseer. It stays at 50 degrees.

The main temp changes on thermostat and homeseer.

The external temp is the reason I purchased the thermostat. I want to replace a Oregon water probe temp sensor.

Walt
        Walt, glad you got it working. if you have additional questions about the tstat plugin, please post them in the tstat forum. you will get a better set of replies.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X