This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fanlinc and Keypadlinc Syncing

I have several KPLs tied to my fanlincs. Instead of using the entire 6 button keypad or multiple buttons on the 8 button versions, I use 1 button for the light and one for the fan. I noticed when using HS to control the light or fan, it doesn't update the attached buttons on the keypads. For example if I run an event turning on my kitchen overhead light(dimmer switch) and fan light(fanlinc), only the keypad button turned on for the overhead light. The workaround I have always used for this is to use events to manually update the keypad button after a device has been controlled, but this occasionally fails. Is there a special way to get a single button to turn on and off when the light is controlled without having an event to do it?

so the problem is the fanlinc is a responder only and not a controller. so if you control the fanlinc device from hs, there is no 'controller' link to find the associated kpl btn. The plugin does not try to back track responder links (this would create sync loops).

so my suggestion is to control the fan light (from an event or hs directly) using the hs device associated with the kpl btn. this will turn on the kpl btn and the fanlinc light.

you can do the same thing for the fan if you link a kpl btn to a single fan speed setting (ie medium). When you control the kpl btn via an event, the fan will come on at the speed set in the link.

you will so need to enable the 'sync linked responder devices' on the kpl settings page within the plugin. this relies on controller links already built between a kpl btn and fan for example.

hope this makes sense and helps.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply, i never thought to try it that way, i will give that a shot.

Josh

Comment

Working...
      X