Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Mark! I'll get to work on this right away. One quick question. What do you mean by "Off" button? I'm in 8-button mode and don't think I have an "Off" button so does any of that apply to me?
    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

I updated the plugin. My post installation tests included:

1) controled buttons from HSTouch and observed proper buttons light up on the keypad
      2) controled buttons at the keypad and observed proper updates in HSTouch
      3) ran an event that controlled a keypad button and observed proper change at keypad

I have not yet played with Detach Load. Based on the above, did everything go as planned? Anything else I should test?
      HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
      Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

nvm

Comment

I enabled Detach Load and attempted to link the B button to the newly created Load device on the same keypad. Unfortunately, the Load device is not available in the responder dropdown on the edit links page. Is what I'm trying to do not possible? Is the only solution to create an event to act on the button press, then turn on the load? There would be a delay with an event and I wanted to avoid that. Can I create a group and link a button to a group? Would that provide instant response?

Also, the Load device does not appear on the HS device page. Would RecreateDevice fix that? (Edit: I found the device; the "Floor" didn't carry over from the parent device so it was hidden from my view)

Comment

I tried creating a Group that included the new Load device, and then selected the B button as the optional controller for the group. When I press the B button, all other switches respond, but the Load does not. Is that because the Load is on the same device as the B button? Is there any other way to assign an alternative keypad button to the Load device?

Comment

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
              Thanks Mark! I'll get to work on this right away. One quick question. What do you mean by "Off" button? I'm in 8-button mode and don't think I have an "Off" button so does any of that apply to me?
              You are correct, there is no Off device in 8 btn mode. This only applies to a 6 btn configuration
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
              Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
              Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
              Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I tried creating a Group that included the new Load device, and then selected the B button as the optional controller for the group. When I press the B button, all other switches respond, but the Load does not. Is that because the Load is on the same device as the B button? Is there any other way to assign an alternative keypad button to the Load device?
                Mike
                i don't think the Detach Load feature allows you to control the Load from a different button. I'm not even sure how you could do this. Definitely not with links. The feature basically separates the A btn from the Load control. and then expects you to control the Load from a different device. The plugin should create a Load hs device to allow you to turn the Load on/off from hs dev mgmt page.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks for the info. That sucks. I'm surprised this isn't supported by the keypad. Yes, I have a new Load device I can control in the HS dev mgmt. page.

So, I can create links w/ this new Load device from other devices, but not the device itself? Is that a limitation of the protocol or the firmware?

Someone on the Indigo forum seemed to indicate it may be possible to programmatically change the keypad's internal links:

"Not in the short-term as that is a very complex and non-trivial change (the main issue being that internally in the KeypadLinc self-referential links don't use links at all, but a totally different mechanism and command set) . We will get 6.1.11 out ASAP though so you can at least target the detached loads (from other modules)." - https://forums.indigodomo.com/viewto...16321&start=15

This backs up that links cannot do this, but hints at another, programmable mechanism that may allow attaching another button to the Load. Could this be a possibility? Have you ever come across anything about this in the developer documentation?

You mentioned firmware version 43 as the start of support for this feature. I don't need it for my other on/off keypad, but FYI this page suggests the feature was added to firmware 41: https://github.com/hollie/misterhouse/issues/602

Thanks for your help and work on this feature!

Comment

Mike,
                    links between kpl buttons isn't supported by the protocol. All the kpl btn programming the plugin supports is done through configuration (ie not links)

I got my fw ver 43 information directly from Smarthome/Insteon.

i will check with my Insteon contact to see if you can program a different btn to control the load
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mike try the following to 'link' the B btn to the load
                      1. Tap the B button on on the KPL
                      2. Press and hold the set button until KPL enters linking mode
                      3. Press and hold the “Main On/Off” button until button B links with the load
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thanks for the tip! Did it come from your Insteon contact? To be sure I understand clearly, I want to press and hold the upper left button (essentially button A) for step 3? I have deteched the load already so it is no longer on that button. Do I need to reattach the load before performing this process?

Comment

Thanks for the tip! Did it come from your Insteon contact? To be sure I understand clearly, I want to press and hold the upper left button (essentially button A) for step 3? I have deteched the load already so it is no longer on that button. Do I need to reattach the load before performing this process?
                          Mike, Yes i got it from Insteon. i don't have any more info than what i posted. Give it a try, you can always factory reset and reprogram if something goes wrong.
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hmm. Unless I did it wrong, that didn't work. For step 2, it should enter linking mode in about 2-3 seconds, correct? The B button started to flash and I then pressed and held button A until I heard some beeps and the flashing stopped. This didn't appear to change anything. Pressing B button did not control the load or button A.

I tried the long-press of button B to cause it to blink and then long pressing A, no go. I also tried using the set button as a sort of button I (Group 9) since I read somewhere that is the button to use when manually linking the detached load to other devices, but that didn't work either.

I wonder if they assumed the load was still attached when they gave those instructions?

Can I re-attach the load via the plugin and try the sequence again, or should I do a factory reset and reprogram first? Or will the reprogram part detach the load again?

Thanks!

Comment

I disabled Detach via the plugin. It returned load control to button A. I performed the steps above. Button B now controls Button A and the Load. Now I just need to figure out how to remove the load from Button A.

Comment

Hooray! I just detached the load again and all is good! So, correct sequence to reassign the load button in 8 button mode:

1) Be sure the load is still attached
                                2) Perform the 3 steps outlined above with the button of your choice
                                3) Detach the load

Note: while the newly assigned button directly controls the load when controlled at the keypad, it appears you must still target the detached Load device when programming groups or controlling remotely. I assume this because I could turn on my newly assigned load button via HSTouch without the load actually turning on.

Thanks Mark! I think I'm good to go!

Comment

Working...
                                X