This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djbeam View Post
    sorry to take so long to get back to you, but the running system is in another location to where I live and we get up here periodically.

I have downloaded the beta and installed it on the prod HS3 W10 machine.

When I plug the 2413 in, modify the .ini to have the last address the same as this 2413 and restart HS3, all the preloaded insteon devices disappear.

I have been using 2 .. 2413's, one for XP and one for the W10 machine ... do you think I should use the same 2413 on both systems ?

Thoughts ..

Don
    Don, the plugin only recognizes one plm at a time and the devices are all linked to the one plm registered with the plugin. so switching PLMs back and forth without reprogramming all the devices will produce expected results. i don't suggest doing programming all the devices. its like brain surgery on the insteon network.

so you should just switch the cable back and forth between the XP and Win10 systems assuming the servers have the exact same HS database and insteon.ini file, setup, etc.

none of this explains why the hs devices keep disappearing.

have you check the hs log to see if the plugin is actually reporting that the devices are being removed?

this would indicated that they aren't in the insteon.ini file but found in the hs database
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
    X