This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon 2411T Support

Mark - I want to thank you for your excellent work over the years on this plugin. I have used it since the HS2 days, and it's only gotten better since moving to HS3.

I've recently changed my electrical service over to a time-of-day rate, and I need to better manage the loads in my house as a result. The dehumidifier is a big one during the summer; right now I have no control over it. I am using an Aeon Labs switch (one of the few Z-Wave devices in my network) to monitor draw and control its power. Unfortunately, once power is cut, the dehumidifier does not resume operation without manually pressing the power button.

I got to thinking - it has an IR remote whose commands could be learned and relayed. Then I found this:

https://www.smarthome.com/irlinc-tra...converter.html

I don't know if that price is a mistake, but for $10, it's hard to say no.

Problem is, your plugin doesn't support it as far as I can see. But I think I see a good opportunity for control here.

For that price, I'd be happy to buy one and send it to you in exchange for added support in the plugin.

My search brought up some old discussions of the 2411T, but nothing recent. Let me know what you think.

I should add that I see it comes with a bunch of negative reviews. Might or might not be worth the gamble.

Still, far cheaper than other Homeseer to IR options - many of them are cost prohibitive for simply controlling a dehumidifier.

Comment

mparnell,

At this point, its not worth adding support for this device. My guess is smarthome is phasing out this product.

i would suggest the USBUIRT device and the free BLUSBUIRT plugin. I used this device with hs2 to control a window ac unit and it worked great. i haven't used the device with hs3 but i do know a plugin exists.

http://www.usbuirt.com/

https://forums.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1176
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Another option: If you're up for some simple wiring, you could use an IOLinc and have the relay press the button. Just wire the Normally Open and Common relay contact connections to the two button connections on your dehumidifier. Mark's plugin has a setting to make the relay momentarily close the relay for a second or two. That eliminates any USB cable length issues, and I think would be more reliable than an Infrared signal.

Comment

Mark - I apologize for not following up sooner. You're right - the more I read about it, the more I decided the Insteon device would not be ideal, regardless of software support.

I ended up picking up a Global Cache iTach on eBay for cheap. So far, it is working great. I've started writing up some scripts to manage its operating state. At some point, I should probably put together a post on the forums showing what I've done (though in this case, without Insteon).

Burrington - that's a good idea, though at this time I'd prefer to refrain from electrical modifications of the dehumidifier. I'll have to see how well the IR solution works once the warm/humid weather arrives.

Comment

Glad you found a good solution.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
            X