X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event Insteon and Insteon Beep.

Hi All,

I have an a special event for my den where I have a master and a slave switch setup. But I also have my under counter lights and my server closet light set up in an event to come on when the Master transmits a fast on command.
    It goes something like this.

If Den Master Light Transmits Fast On
    then Beep Den Master Light
    then Turn On Under Counter Lights to On
    then Turn On Server Room Lights to On

My Issue is the it seems that I am having more that one device beep, I think the slave is beeping as well but the event is only setup for the master to beep. Could it be that the Master and Slave are Crossed link that is causing this issue? Is there any way to stop this second beep from occurring? I will set up a second event for the slave switch once I stop the beep occurring more than once.

Thanks Joe.

i suppose the plugin could be propagating to the beep command to the secondary switch.

i'll have to look at the code.

as a test, turn off the 'sync' option on the master and see if this stops the second beep
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Insteon Beep

Hi Mark, turning off sync did stop second beep. Sorry it took so long to test but Windows was hung up on some Update at 99%! Just completed reinstall and trying the sync feature. Is there another work around other than that?
      Joe

Comment

Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Beep Issue

Hi Mark,

Can you let me know when that is ready to test?

Joe.

Comment

i posted 3.0.6.33 in the beta section of the Updater. it should resolve the Beep issue
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

beep Issue

Sorry Mark, my main box has been up and down with an usb 3.1 driver issue.
              Finally have that resolved and I don't see patch .33 in the beta area of the updater. Do see you Vista alarm addon, but not the Insteon.

Joe.

Comment

Insteon Beep

Sorry.... Did not refresh, my bad. Down loaded .37 the beep issue is corrected.
                Thanks Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by JRomstadt View Post
                  Sorry.... Did not refresh, my bad. Down loaded .37 the beep issue is corrected.
                  Thanks Joe.
                  thanks for reporting back.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                  X