X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
    All,

SH is sending me a 'staging' hub that will receive beta updates so i can test updates before they go live. I will only be testing to make sure the plugin can connect to the hub and control plugin registered devices. I will not be testing the Insteon app or related functionality; they have plenty of testers for that.
    Mark,

Did SH mention to you their plan on how they intend to keep the local commands functionality along with the security fixes included in 1016? It seems that their first try had a botched HTTPS implementation.

Thanks,

-jeshab

Comment

Originally posted by jeshab View Post
      Mark,

Did SH mention to you their plan on how they intend to keep the local commands functionality along with the security fixes included in 1016? It seems that their first try had a botched HTTPS implementation.

Thanks,

-jeshab
      I'm not going to be able to discuss the details (aka NDA) until its released to the public.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hi Mark,

I'm just getting to this thread after recent extended travel. I did the post #146 email to support@insteon.com a few minutes ago. Do I also need to ask you to inform your POC of my info too?

Insteon Hub ID: 39:21:ED

Thanks
        Nathan
        HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
        Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
        Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
        Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
        http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by nfrobertson View Post
          Hi Mark,

I'm just getting to this thread after recent extended travel. I did the post #146 email to support@insteon.com a few minutes ago. Do I also need to ask you to inform your POC of my info too?

Insteon Hub ID: 39:21:ED

Thanks
          Nathan
          SH should take care of you on monday.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I sent an e-mail as suggested in post #146 to support@insteon.com a week or so ago. I have not received a reply, and am still experiencing problems. What's the next best course of action?

TIA
            Ron S.

Comment

Originally posted by rschildt View Post
              I sent an e-mail as suggested in post #146 to support@insteon.com a week or so ago. I have not received a reply, and am still experiencing problems. What's the next best course of action?

TIA
              Ron S.
              Ron,
              please post your insteon id here, and i will forward it to my contact at Smarthome. they should be able to get this fixed on monday. not sure anyone is around on the weekends
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Ron,
                please post your insteon id here, and i will forward it to my contact at Smarthome. they should be able to get this fixed on monday. not sure anyone is around on the weekends
                Hey Mark,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Hub ID number: 30:2D:19

Ron S

Comment

Hey Mark,

Just starting to re-install everything in my new home

Hub ID number: 4B.41.8A

Comment

Originally posted by CAOwens View Post
                    Hey Mark,

Just starting to re-install everything in my new home

Hub ID number: 4B.41.8A
                    have you emailed support already?
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

have you emailed support already?
                      Yes, just before I posted here.

Comment

Did anyone actually sign up for the Smarthome Insteon beta testing program and actually get a staging hub for testing purposes? Smarthome will not push beta fw to a production hub.
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Did anyone actually sign up for the Smarthome Insteon beta testing program and actually get a staging hub for testing purposes? Smarthome will not push beta fw to a production hub.
                          They will push beta fw if you're in the beta program. My hub is currently running 5715. Plugin functionality seems fine.

-M.

Comment

Signed up for the beta, signed the NDA, never heard from Insteon since. As the previous poster indicated, I just realized I got updated to 5715 on July 10th: no warning. I seem to remember that Mark would get the new FW first, test it and advise when it was safe.

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
                              Signed up for the beta, signed the NDA, never heard from Insteon since. As the previous poster indicated, I just realized I got updated to 5715 on July 10th: no warning. I seem to remember that Mark would get the new FW first, test it and advise when it was safe.
                              Yah, I'm not sure i post can post info here about beta fw. I have a separate/staging hub that receives the beta updates before my 'production' hub gets updates.
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Yah, I'm not sure i post can post info here about beta fw. I have a separate/staging hub that receives the beta updates before my 'production' hub gets updates.
                                Then we're back to where we were with 1016: getting forced updates, for beta testers at least, as we did with 5715. But I have to ask again, what is a beta tester? I signed on, then nothing. I'll try to ask Insteon about that.

The idea was that normal users would be spared an update until you determine it was ok with your plugin. Should I disengage from the beta program?

What am I missing here? My frustration level with Insteon just got +1.

Comment

Working...
                                X