Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ALL I did was the reset. But I control all Insteon stuff from the plugin. So I have no devices are scenes in the Insteon app. Since all my config is in the plugin, I had nothing that needed to be restored.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
      Those of you who have reset you hub to revert firmware. did you have to reassociate all of your devices to the hub?

I just want to know what I'm in for when i call my dad later to walk him thru the process to fix his house.
      if the reset works and you can access the hub with the plugin, you can reprogram the hub via the plugin from the config page
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by charlesmbell View Post
        just tried the rollback and it did not work for me. maybe I need to delete my account and not have it registered.

Comment

Disregard my messed up comment. I do some fancy routing for my inet access and was steering the hub out a vpn in AWS. When I reverted to my local Comcast I see my hub in the getinfo now.

They must cache source ips.

Still can not revert

Just wanted to provide update in case anyone has same issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I didn't touch my account when I did the firmware rollback. Did only the firmware rollback.

Restore Insteon Hub Firmware
            •Disconnect Insteon Hub from power
            •Press and hold set button on the rear of Insteon Hub while reconnecting power
            •The moment Insteon Hub begins to beep, release the set button
            •Tap the set button five times. Insteon Hub will beep rapidly and begin the firmware restore process.
            •After three minutes, disconnect Insteon Hub from power. Wait 10 seconds and then reconnect power.
            •Insteon Hub will automatically re-update its firmware at 2AM. You can manually update firmware from the Insteon app by tapping Update Hub from Edit House in Settings.

I actually timed the steps in the rollback procedure. Also, if you perform the rollback procedure, you should notice that you loose ping to the device, until you get to the last step of unplugging, waiting 10 seconds, and plugging back in. Then I first accessed the hub locally using http, and verified that the firmware reported 1004. Then, restarted Marks plugin in HS, and commands worked again. I did NOT go into the Insteon App, as I don't use it

Comment

Thanks John. I have tried 3 times. No luck.
              My ping comes back after the rapid beeping stops. I may not have a second firmware partition. Still on 1016

I will have to hold off and hope Marks guy can push us code.

If I keep trying I may brick the thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Back Online!

Thank you so much!!! This worked perfectly and I am now back online. I was on v1016 but the roll-back brought me all the way back to v1006. I plan on blocking 'connect.insteon.com' from my network to prevent it updating to v1016 again.

Comment

Just received the following from custsvc@insteon.com

"Hello

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the most recent update.

We are aware of an issue where our latest hub firmware update (1016) caused integrations using local http commands to stop functioning. While this is not an officially supported API, we understand that having local command and control is preferred among a select group of users as well as some 3rd party software developers. Therefore we will be looking to make the necessary updates to restore this functionality. If you are using the local API, we would like to invite you to join our beta group to assist us in testing our next update. Your participation will also ensure that any future updates do not impact your integration. To submit your request to join the beta program, fill out the form here. Be sure to select OpenHAB or HomeSeer as the software you are using so that we can arrange a special firmware build that will restore local API control. Please be patient as we will need time to get you setup as a beta tester and to configure your account.

Thank you for choosing Insteon for your home automation network and we appreciate your patience while we work to resolve this issue.

If you do not wish to join the beta program, but still require we push out the modified firmware, please reply back to this email with your Hub ID number, and associated email address, and we will have our software team push out the necessary update.

Please forward this request along to other effected users you are aware of who may not have already contacted us regarding the issue. They can send their emails to support@insteon.com with the subject line “1016 Firmware Direct Command Issue” and we will take care of them ASAP.

Kind regards,

- Daniel P - Customer Solution Lead
                    "

I had already signed up for the beta program based on the OpenHAB post (but have not seen a response back). At any rate, thought I'd post this here for what it's worth.

Comment

I'm in the same camp. I've always wondered how the Insteon user base is divided. I wonder how many hubs they've sold vs how many are associated with accounts that get daily activity.

Their app is so rudimentary that it really only serves the most basic users. And those users aren't likely to have more than a few controlled devices.

BUT.... at least they're talking to Mark and working with him to quickly solve it. That means that they know this is a big enough portion of their base they need to keep happy.

Comment

Just got this email from Insteon.
                        -----------------------------
                        Hello

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the most recent update.

We are aware of an issue where our latest hub firmware update (1016) caused integrations using local http commands to stop functioning. While this is not an officially supported API, we understand that having local command and control is preferred among a select group of users as well as some 3rd party software developers. Therefore we will be looking to make the necessary updates to restore this functionality. If you are using the local API, we would like to invite you to join our beta group to assist us in testing our next update. Your participation will also ensure that any future updates do not impact your integration. To submit your request to join the beta program, fill out the form here. Be sure to select OpenHAB or HomeSeer as the software you are using so that we can arrange a special firmware build that will restore local API control. Please be patient as we will need time to get you setup as a beta tester and to configure your account.

Thank you for choosing Insteon for your home automation network and we appreciate your patience while we work to resolve this issue.

If you do not wish to join the beta program, but still require we push out the modified firmware, please reply back to this email with your Hub ID number, and associated email address, and we will have our software team push out the necessary update.

Please forward this request along to other effected users you are aware of who may not have already contacted us regarding the issue. They can send their emails to support@insteon.com

Comment

it looks like that developer program link was stripped out in that last post.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                            it looks like that developer program link was stripped out in that last post.
                            I think this is it:

https://www.insteon.com/become-an-insteon-beta-tester

Comment

Comment

EMAIL INSTEON - Your Hub ID and Associated Email Account...

I just wanted to put a highlight on this info for users who need this as I missed it when first reading through everything...

If you do not wish to join the beta program, but still require we push out the modified firmware, please reply back to support@insteon.com with your Hub ID number, and associated email address, and we will have our software team push out the necessary update.

Please forward this request along to other effected users you are aware of who may not have already contacted us regarding the issue. They can send their emails to support@insteon.com1016 Firmware Direct Command Issue
                                HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
                                Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
                                Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
                                Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Working...
                                X