This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by randy_h View Post
    Thanks for the news, charlesmbell and automateme. Did you get any kind of email alert prior?
    Is the firmware still labeled 1016, as reported from here?
    http://connect.insteon.com/getinfo.asp

thanks again.

randy

Comment

Originally posted by charlesmbell View Post
      No email. But it’s reporting 1015 on my iOS app. ...
      Thanks, good info for me on what to expect.

randy

Comment

Originally posted by randy_h View Post
        Thanks for the news, charlesmbell and automateme. Did you get any kind of email alert prior?
        Is the firmware still labeled 1016, as reported from here?
        http://connect.insteon.com/getinfo.asp

thanks again.

randy
        No email received. When I go to that URL, my hub still says 1016. If I click on the link to login to the hub it shows

Firmware:1015 Build Jun 20 2018 15:40:43

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
          do a reset and reprogram from the config page. this will erase the database and reprogram the links.
          did the trick

Comment

Originally posted by automateme View Post
            No email received. When I go to that URL, my hub still says 1016. If I click on the link to login to the hub it shows

Firmware:1015 Build Jun 20 2018 15:40:43
            same here. i was referring to the iphone app. mine showed 1015 in the app.
            but have the same as you mention above.

i blocked my hub from getting to the internet with an acl on the fw.

Comment

Charles - if you block the hub from accessing the internet, does your Echo Insteon skill still work? I still have a few devices I let the Echo skill control - not through the Homeseer skill. I keep my hub connected to the internet, but will try and block cache.insteon.com like Bob mentioned in an earlier post.

Comment

Originally posted by automateme View Post
                Charles - if you block the hub from accessing the internet, does your Echo Insteon skill still work? I still have a few devices I let the Echo skill control - not through the Homeseer skill. I keep my hub connected to the internet, but will try and block cache.insteon.com like Bob mentioned in an earlier post.
                yes, the echo skill still works. I use the HS smarthome v3 api skill.
                all working fine with complete hub isolation.

my app cannot connect anymore, no apple watch integration, but i stopped using the watch/app once i got a bunch of echos anyway.

plus i ran into issues when i had all my devices in the hub app and in hs. too much chatter.

just tested again to make sure but alexa is working fine

edit:
                the way i understand alexa integration to work, alexa in aws makes an api call to myhs which of course has access to your local hs to hit marks plugin to turn on a device. all of that bypasses the hubs external connection. thats why we needed the local http access.
                Last edited by charlesmbell; June 21, 2018, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Thanks Chuck - yes, I have both the Insteon and Homeseer skills enabled. I just haven’t taken the time to move Echo Insteon device control over to be exclusively through the Homeseer skill. I think the Insteon (Insteon’s own) skill is dependent on the hub connected to the internet vs. local.
                  Last edited by automateme; June 22, 2018, 02:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesmbell View Post
                    Mark,

Is there anything else in that beta code that would be different other than the [HUB] section?

I have a few devices that dont seem to be working (like wireless door sensors)

any suggestions?
                    Now that I am trying to control some of my devices, I am seeing this as well. I will follow Mark’s recommendation to try and resolve this.

Comment

I have sent an email to Insteon requesting the rollback. I have 3 customers with the issue. Hope this fixes it. After downgrading, have you guys prevent the Hub to access the internet to avoid upgrading to 1016 again?

Comment

Originally posted by codemonkey View Post
                        I just wanted to put a highlight on this info for users who need this as I missed it when first reading through everything...

If you do not wish to join the beta program, but still require we push out the modified firmware, please reply back to support@insteon.com with your Hub ID number, and associated email address, and we will have our software team push out the necessary update.

Please forward this request along to other effected users you are aware of who may not have already contacted us regarding the issue. They can send their emails to support@insteon.com1016 Firmware Direct Command Issue
                        Followed the instructions in this post and my hub was downgraded last night...

No reply to the email or update from Smarthome, but I suspect they have their hands full with this mess.

This issue brings to light the whole auto upgrading firmware, Insteon hub and device internet access issue.

Thanks for the help everyone.
                        Billy

Comment

Ok. In that case, yeah the hub would need access. I think Alexa skill connects to you Insteon cloud account which does have access via the external hub connection. The hs skill is sweet.

Tick the voice control box in the device. Tick is light. Discover in Alexa skill. Use voice to control. Works great. Events too.

Chuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by papapitufo View Post
                            I have sent an email to Insteon requesting the rollback. I have 3 customers with the issue. Hope this fixes it. After downgrading, have you guys prevent the Hub to access the internet to avoid upgrading to 1016 again?

Comment

Originally posted by papapitufo View Post
                              I use OpenDNS, and added a block to cache.insteon.com. My hub is still connected to the internet and the Homeseer and Insteon's own skills still work on my Amazon Echo. If I go into the Insteon App on my iPad, and tap App Help, Support, etc. - I get the site blocked message from OpenDNS. I'm hoping that this will also prevent the hub from reaching out to check for firmware updates or having them pushed to it. I will clean up my setup soon to use only the Homeseer skill on my Echo, then there will no need for the hub to connect to the internet at all.

Comment

Is there anyone here not back online at this point who has sent an email to support@insteon.com and hasn't received the fix?

i need to know now so i can ping my contact otherwise you may be stuck the rest of the weekend
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                                Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                                Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                                Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
                                X