This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by claude View Post

Then we're back to where we were with 1016: getting forced updates, for beta testers at least, as we did with 5715. But I have to ask again, what is a beta tester? I signed on, then nothing. I'll try to ask Insteon about that.

The idea was that normal users would be spared an update until you determine it was ok with your plugin. Should I disengage from the beta program?

What am I missing here? My frustration level with Insteon just got +1.
    i did get an email from insteon about the beta, and it did update my staging/beta hub. i would contact insteon and either remove yourself from the beta program or get a second hub for beta updates if you are afraid it will break your system. the hard part of having two hubs, is you would need to register everything with both hubs to fully test.

I just have a few devices registered with my beta hub for testing.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Update 1017 is coming and should be fine based on my testing of the beta
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks for positive heads up, Mark.

Comment

Just recieved this email from Insteon.

The next Insteon Hub update is ready to make its way to you. Updates will be getting rolled out this week starting today, Thursday 8/2.

This version of the Insteon Hub firmware addresses an issue related to off times scheduled for sunrise/sunset. We've also rolled back changes made to 3rd party local control integrations. For more information, please visit our release notes page.

Your hub will automatically install the update between 2:00AM and 5:00AM local time during the roll-out period and will take approximately five minutes to install. During the update you will be unable to use the Insteon app or any third-party integrations such as Amazon Alexa, or Google Assistant. In addition, any configured schedules will not run during the update.

The new firmware version:
          Hub Version: 1017

Comment

Originally posted by pcourt View Post

The next Insteon Hub update is ready to make its way to you. Updates will be getting rolled out this week starting today, Thursday 8/2.

This version of the Insteon Hub firmware addresses an issue related to off times scheduled for sunrise/sunset. We've also rolled back changes made to 3rd party local control integrations. For more information, please visit our release notes page.

Your hub will automatically install the update between 2:00AM and 5:00AM local time during the roll-out period and will take approximately five minutes to install. During the update you will be unable to use the Insteon app or any third-party integrations such as Amazon Alexa, or Google Assistant. In addition, any configured schedules will not run during the update.

I received the same email.

Mark, thanks for staying on top of this and testing the patch. The release notes page actually mentions HomeSeer users and passes along thanks for the the help with the issue in version 1016. Mark I am sure they appreciate your help with the issue as much as we all do. Thanks again...

From the Smarthome release notes page see below: Version 1017

This version of the Insteon Hub firmware fixes an issue where scheduling an off time for sunrise or sunset didn't work. For those that experienced such an issue, you'll need to remove and re-add the schedule. We also reverted local control capability for certain 3rd party integrations that communicate to the hub via TCP-IP commands. A special thank shout-out to OpenHAB and Homeseer users that let us know of the issue. Thank you!

This update is being released on August 2, 2018 and will automatically be installed.

Please reach out to us if you have any questions:
            support@insteon.com or 866-243-8022.

Billy

Comment

Originally posted by pcourt View Post

I received the same email a while ago. My Hub never updated to 1017. I was one of the folks that sent in the email request to rollback, after the prior firmware update broke Mark's plug-in. I wonder if Insteon is keeping those of us that sent in the email request on 1016. I also received an email today that there will be a maintenance activity on Monday that may temporarily impact 3rd Party integrations.

Comment

I received a similar email but it did not have a link to the release notes page and did not mention version 2017... This is what my email said...

Click image for larger version

Name:	insteon-update.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	1241874

Billy

Comment

Just checked my Hub today and it has been updated to 1017 and HS3 will not longer connected again, are other people see the same issue?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeK View Post
                    Just checked my Hub today and it has been updated to 1017 and HS3 will not longer connected again, are other people see the same issue?
                    can you access the hub locally via a browser?
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Yes I do get the hub info when I use a browser to connect Http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:25105

Comment

Please ignore this post as I had a typo in the hub address/port on HS3 as I've going back and forth between Serial PLM and the Hub thank you

Comment

Working...
                        X