Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the plugin reprogram a device from plugin.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can the plugin reprogram a device from plugin.

My ISY just died last night so I'm looking at just moving to this plugin instead and removing the extra equipment.

One thing I really dread doing is physically having to reset every device in my house. In the ISY I could manage all the links in a device, even if the ISY didn't have it and I could remove them at will.

Can this plugin do the same thing or will I be running around the house today resetting all my devices?

Another thing is that I want to build a local spreadsheet of the devices and their addresses. So, is it possible to reset a device remotely using just the address from the plugin? I have a lot of FanLincs and the insteon micro switches and I'm kinda dreading having to get to all of them just to reset them.

Frank,

You will need to register each device with the plugin, it will read the existing links and settings. The question is whether the links created by the ISY are compatible with my plugin.

My plugin will build new hs devices; it won't reuse any hs device built by the isy plugin. this will affect events/triggers.

there is no remote reset function in the insteon protocol. But you won't need to reset devices manually; at worst manually delete some existing links and reprogram the device with my plugin from the edit device page.

you should get the list of insteon ids from your current setup so you can use them with my plugin. There is a 'display interface links' function on the config page that will get all the links from the plm but it won't identify the device type, etc.

you need to make sure you have the fanlinc and micro device insteon ids
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

So I decided to just factory wipe all my devices and do it that way. Figured it would be best to start from scratch. So far I've done the PLM, and my office (KPL, FanLinc, Hidden door sensor).

ONe thing I've noticed is that I created a group (scene?) where the 6-button kpl turns on the lights and the fan and at the same time the A button on the KPL. This worked fine on the ISY, however even though the A button in HS is in fact updated to on, the LED for the a button is never turned on.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I've attached an image of the group.
      Attached Files

Comment

Here is the device link table in case that helps (highlighted the part that I believe is not working):

Device Link Table

Link #15 Button A controls Office FanLinc Fan (27.86.8D)
        Link #18 Button On/Load controls Office KeypadLinc Button A (2A.0A.9C)
        Link #13 Button On/Load controls Office FanLinc Fan (27.86.8D)
        Link #3 Button A has local control reporting to HomeSeer
        Link #4 Button B has local control reporting to HomeSeer
        Link #5 Button C has local control reporting to HomeSeer
        Link #6 Button D has local control reporting to HomeSeer
        Link #2 Button On/Load has local control reporting to HomeSeer
        Link #17 Button A is controlled by Office KeypadLinc Button On/Load (2A.0A.9C) - On Level : On
        Link #9 Button A is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #2 (Button Control Group) - On Level : On
        Link #16 Button A is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #6 Registered Group #1 'Office Office On' - On Level : On
        Link #19 Button A is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #7 Registered Group #2 'Office Ceiling Fan On' - On Level : On
        Link #10 Button B is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #3 (Button Control Group) - On Level : On
        Link #11 Button C is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #4 (Button Control Group) - On Level : On
        Link #12 Button D is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #5 (Button Control Group) - On Level : On
        Link #1 Button On/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #0 (i2CS Registration Link) - On Level: 0%, Ramp Rate: .5 Sec.
        Link #8 Button On/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #1 (Button Control Group) - On Level: 100%, Ramp Rate: .1 Sec.
        Link #7 Button On/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #254 (HomeSeer All Devices Group) - On Level: 100%, Ramp Rate: .1 Sec.
        Link #14 Button On/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #6 Registered Group #1 'Office Office On' - On Level: 100%, Ramp Rate: .1 Sec.

Comment

Please try the latest beta in the Updater. I've made some changes/fixes related to kpl btn issues since 3.0.6.0

see the following for change log

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=185693
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Same thing.

When controlling the group from HS, the A button turns on instantly with the main ON button, but when using the "On" button on the KPL (the controller for the group), the A button does not turn on at all (the ceiling fan does). This was something the ISY was able to do (add a button as a responder).

Also, if I manually turn the A button on and turn the group off by pressing the OFF button on the KPL, the A button remains on. It seems like the A button is not being programmed properly on the KPK for when the ON/OFF buttons are pressed even though it shows up in the links.

Comment

ok. i'll have to check this out later
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I understand what you are trying to do, its just not currently supported. for now you can manually group the two buttons (ON and A). see the manual for this.

i just need expand the "button grouping" function in the plugin to allow you to include the On button. currently you can only group the a,b,c,d buttons
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Temporarily I linked the A button to the ON/OFF button(s) manually on the KPL itself. This is the only room I use this feature (I turn the fan on no matter what when I turn the lights on in my office).

I pulled the Links again from the KPL, but there were no extra ones. I'm not sure how to "ungroup", the buttons, but this is just my office, so I can just reset the devices if you need me to test.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                    Temporarily I linked the A button to the ON/OFF button(s) manually on the KPL itself. This is the only room I use this feature (I turn the fan on no matter what when I turn the lights on in my office).

I pulled the Links again from the KPL, but there were no extra ones. I'm not sure how to "ungroup", the buttons, but this is just my office, so I can just reset the devices if you need me to test.
                    Frank,
                    the manual grouping of btns does not create a link in the database. it only sets a few bits in the device settings. this is why this is so difficult to manage.

you should be able to ungroup the two buttons with a similar procedure (again see the manual for ungrouping)
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                      Frank,
                      the manual grouping of btns does not create a link in the database. it only sets a few bits in the device settings. this is why this is so difficult to manage.

you should be able to ungroup the two buttons with a similar procedure (again see the manual for ungrouping)
                      Thanks Mark,

I wouldn't put this too high on your list. My workaround is sufficient for my 1 KPL.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                        Thanks Mark,

I wouldn't put this too high on your list. My workaround is sufficient for my 1 KPL.
                        Thanks Frank.

I'm actually not sure why i didn't allow this via the plugin for a 6 btn KPL. On an 8 btn KPL you can group any of the buttons together.

overall, how is the conversion going? I'm sure its a little painful
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                          Thanks Frank.

I'm actually not sure why i didn't allow this via the plugin for a 6 btn KPL. On an 8 btn KPL you can group any of the buttons together.

overall, how is the conversion going? I'm sure its a little painful
                          I'm almost done. I think I have 1 or 2 things I haven't migrated because we generally don't control them, they are there for convenience. I also have yet to set back up all the voice control I had set up. I just finished repairing our ImperiHome setup last night and I'm about to delve into the new HS mobile app to see if that is better.

I'm still also trying to build out Events for keeping LEDs in sync when devices are controlled directly (mainly FanLincs). This is the biggest thing right now as things are out of sync. I had all this done in the ISY and it's a bit cumbersome as I use mostly Fanlincs and KPLs in our house (about about 8 fanlincs and 6 KPLs).

Either way it's still painful.... espcially the Location swap. I really don't want to do it because it's just a hassle and tedious. I rarely use HSTouch, but when I do it's to access devices that are no in my ImperiHome setup because i don't use it enough.

Comment

Working...
                          X