Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS3 Insteon Plug-In Version 3.0.7.1 Release (Windows & Linux)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It worked.

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post

Tim, try shutting down the running plugin before updating
      Hi Mark,
      I am also trying to update from 3.0.6.0, and I have tried disabling the plugin before I install the update with no luck.
      I keep getting the error message that says the update/install of insteon package failed.

I have also tried disabling the insteon thermostat plugin, as well as your plugin, and it still fails.
      I have also tried closing homeseer, while your plugin is disabled, restart homeseer and still cannot update.
      I have also tried rebooting windows box, restarting homeseer, and still no joy.

DO you have any other tips/tricks I can try?

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by swanie2000 View Post

Hi Mark,
        I am also trying to update from 3.0.6.0, and I have tried disabling the plugin before I install the update with no luck.
        I keep getting the error message that says the update/install of insteon package failed.

I have also tried disabling the insteon thermostat plugin, as well as your plugin, and it still fails.
        I have also tried closing homeseer, while your plugin is disabled, restart homeseer and still cannot update.
        I have also tried rebooting windows box, restarting homeseer, and still no joy.

DO you have any other tips/tricks I can try?

Michael

what errors are you getting from the Updater?
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Update/Install of insteon package failed

Comment

I also updated HS3pro to the latest version today, and it still didn't work.
            I am currently updating windows, and will try again when it is done.

Comment

I also updated HS3pro to the latest version today, and it still didn't work.
              I am currently updating windows, and will try again when it is done.
              i can post the zip file here if you don't get it working, and you can install manually
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
              Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
              Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
              Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks Mark,
                Windows update had been disabled for quite a while to stop it from updating and quietly crashing homeseer while I wasn't paying attention.
                There are a lot of updates, taking a long time. I post back later tonight when it is done...

Michael

Comment

OK, I give up. Windows updated, computer rebooted, Homeseer updated, plugin turned off, Still getting the error
                  Install/Update of insteon package failed. Can we try the manual way to update?

Michael

Comment

OK, I give up. Windows updated, computer rebooted, Homeseer updated, plugin turned off, Still getting the error
                    Install/Update of insteon package failed. Can we try the manual way to update?

Michael
                    one other thing to try... check the hs3 Updates3 folder. maybe there is a old version stuck in there.

we can try the manual update tomorrow
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Looking into the folder Updates3, I did find the zip file of version 3.0.7.1.
                      I followed the instructions in the "install" text file, and manually copied each file to the correct location.
                      It now shows the correct version in homeseer3.

Now back to my original problem of the Insteon Motion II sensors not being recognized.
                      I thought it was because I was running an older version of the plugin.
                      I spent all day updating everything.
                      Still will not see the Motion II sensor.

Back to searching....
                      Michael

Comment

are you having trouble registering the MS II with the plugin? Enable detailed logging in the plugin, and they try to Add the device. post the log snippet of the transaction
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hi Mark,
                          Yes, I could not get the MSII to "tap add" with the plugin. So I spent all day yesterday messing with upgrades (Windows, Homeseer, Insteon plugin) because I was convinced I needed the newer plugin version for the new insteon motion sensor II. (MSII)

After much searching, and reading through posts, I see the motion sensor being referenced as MSII. After I discovered what to search for I found mention of running the motion sensor with the USB power may help it "tap add" and be recognized by the plugin.

Finally, I had to remove the battery, which I never did prior to this point, and underneath the battery I found the Insteon address!!!

I had looked all over the box, through the instructions, all over the outside of the MSII, and back covers searching for that damn address, and never thought about removing the battery!

The plugin worked straight away, after I gave it the Insteon address to link up with.
                          Not sure why the plugin would not upgrade the right way, but it is all good now.

Cheers!
                          Michael

Comment

glad you got it working. thanks for reporting back
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I upgraded to 3.0.7.1 and I can no longer Update X10 devices. The X10 devices are still linked to X10 or nothing. I can't get the INSTEON plugin to manage new X10 devices.

Comment

is X10 still enabled on the plugin config page? Please verify the Interface setting on the device says "Insteon X10"

please enable detailed logging on the config page, attempt to control an x10 device, and then post the log snippet of that transaction
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X