X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Keypadlinc button lamp vs. control query

Mark,
    I have several of the 2486D keypadlinc Dimmer (4 button plus load on/off wall modules). My old JDS hub allows programming both a controller and a responder with the responder being the keypad button light. The controller is obviously the "send" insteon command. How do I separate (identify) the insteon "controllers" and button lamps to incorporate into events? If there is a good answer located in the forum already, I'm sorry as I've not found it.
    Thanks,
    Peter

can you tell me what you are trying to accomplish with the KPL and associated buttons?
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

The KPL buttons will be acting as controller(s) triggering actions in HS3 events. Some of the actions will be running "scenes" that activate KPL button lamps. I have yet to start all of the event programming in HS3, as I'm trying to get all hardware working first (links, modules, sensors, etc.). I cannot develop events until the entire system is operational.
      The responder in my current insteon scenes software is the lamp inside the button on the KPL (note 18.50.10D in the screen shot below).
      I'm assuming that you have a scene setup to separately control individual lamps inside each button.
      Thanks,
      Peter

Click image for larger version

Name:	insteon scenes p dawson.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	1253733
      Attached Files

Comment

i think you can use the Groups within the plugin. you can assign a kpl button as a controller to initiate an insteon scene. you don't need any hs events to do this.

you can then trigger the group from an event using the standard hs control device event action

please do not use an hs event to trigger a bunch of (more than 2) individual devices; you will not be happy with the response time of the individual devices. The insteon group is the way to go here.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks very much again, Mark,
          Peter

Comment

Working...
          X