Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS3 Insteon Plug-In Version 3.0.7.36 BETA (Windows & Linux)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have any of you hub users tried the latest beta .36 and have anything to report?
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I have installed .36 and will be testing it. The insteon plugin in HS4 has been not stable for a while. Within 4-6 hours of the plugin being started, it seems to stop working, always giving the operation has timed out errors in the log.

Comment

Originally posted by JoelWener View Post
        I have installed .36 and will be testing it. The insteon plugin in HS4 has been not stable for a while. Within 4-6 hours of the plugin being started, it seems to stop working, always giving the operation has timed out errors in the log.
        please enable detailed logging in the plugin and post a log if you experience problems with this latest beta
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by JoelWener View Post
          anything to report with the latest beta .36?
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Running it on HS3 and have not had any issues.

Comment

How do I get the beta version to try out on my new system? Thanks

Comment

there is a beta section in the Updater. you can install from there.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

OK I have not yet fully gotten the plugin to work and I know its because I have to rewire the RJ45 on my 2413s which I will do tonight so I assume this is why I cant see pages to add devices and or the "updater? would this be correct? Sorry to bug you!

Comment

you should be able to install and start the plugin. However, as you suggested, the plugin won't do anything until it can communicate with the PLM
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I do find running this plugin in HS4, the responses from Insteon are significantly slower than from Z-wave.

Comment

I got the plug in to work fine and have been adding devices but I don't see any place to do any beta upgrade or "beta section in the updater" if that's some menu I don't know where to find or navigate to. Thanks

Comment

the Updater is a hs feature on the hs Plugin page
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by Lenp2001 View Post
                            I got the plug in to work fine and have been adding devices but I don't see any place to do any beta upgrade or "beta section in the updater" if that's some menu I don't know where to find or navigate to. Thanks
                            PLUGINS -> MANAGE
                            Click the yellow arrow next to Additional Interfaces
                            Scroll down to the bottom
                            Second to last is Beta
                            Click the yellow arrow

(You probably figured this out by now, but just in case....)

Jim Speiser
                            38-year veteran of Home Automation
                            Still don't know squat

Comment

Hey Jim, yes I did but thanks so much for the response I appreciate the follow up. Have a great weekend!

Comment

Hey Mark,

Regarding beta 3.0.7.36, running HS4 on Windows 10, Hub R3.6 1820. Ever since I installed the beta, I have been getting "Interface_TrapError called from SendHex" messages. This occurred daily for about 2 weeks, for different devices at various times.

I reverted back to 3.0.7.1 and, for the last 4 days, no Sendhex.

I don't mind going back to the 3.0.7.36 beta if you tell me what you need in terms of info. But seeing you are close to releasing the HS4 beta, it might be more effective to try that version instead.

What do you think?

Comment

Working...
                                X