Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS3 Insteon Plug-In Version 3.0.7.36 BETA (Windows & Linux)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark, I updated to 3.0.7.6 today and the plugin now throws this error. Transmits to devices work fine, but nothing is received from any Insteon devices.

Apr-24 20:03:06Insteon** An error occurred in this plug-in. The details have been written to the log file - C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Config\Insteon Error Report.Log

I have attached the corresponding error log. Thoughts? I can revert to a backup if necessary.
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks like there is an error related to an event action editor. please post a screen shot of the action that is having problems

the log doesn't indicate any issues with transmit or recieve. do you have a different log for that
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

More info: It happens immediately when starting HS3. I have it do a "Poll All Insteon Devices" right after starting. When I looked at the event that contained the Poll All, the Poll All was open and would not close (I have not been in there for weeks). I changed the delay number from 2 to 3 seconds, then back to 2 seconds and it closed. I restarted HS3 and the error was gone, but still none of the Insteon messages were received (transmitted messages and polls worked fine). I unplugged the PLM to reset it, and restarted HS3. Now all working fine again. So, something in the update to 3.0.7.6 caused it to lose the Poll All Devices delay time, and messed up the PLM so it had to be reset.

Anyone not using the Poll All Insteon Devices would not encounter this issue.

Here is a bit more log from the original problem. The errors are caused by the missing Poll All delay time.

Apr-25 08:19:31 Insteon Saved ini file. msecs=30
        Apr-25 08:19:34 BLDSC Info DSC Com Port - SerialPort (COMCOM6) Open
        Apr-25 08:19:38 BLDSC Info Message Sent --> 30 35 38 31 43 45 0D 0A --- Virtual Keypad Control
        Apr-25 08:19:38 BLDSC Info Message Rcvd --> 50005832
        Apr-25 08:19:45 Speaker Speaker host added, Name: AsusLaptop Instance: Default IP address: 10.177.96.172
        Apr-25 08:19:46 TTS Speak ():Welcome to Home-Seer
        Apr-25 08:19:46 TTS Speak ():Web server port number is 999
        Apr-25 08:19:46 Event Event Trigger "Stargate Stargate Comm Initialization"
        Apr-25 08:19:46 Event Event Trigger "Audio/Video - Misc Com Port 2 (LG TV by RS232) - Open"
        Apr-25 08:19:46 Event Event Trigger "Audio-Video - Denon Com Port 3 (Denon by RS232) - Open"
        Apr-25 08:19:46 Event Event Trigger "Audio-Video - Marantz Com Port 5 (Marantz by RS232) - Open"
        Apr-25 08:19:46 Event Event Trigger "System System Initialization"
        Apr-25 08:19:46 Event Running script in background: C:/Program Files (x86)/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/ComPort5Open.vb
        Apr-25 08:19:46 Event Running script in background: C:/Program Files (x86)/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/ComPort1Open.vb
        Apr-25 08:19:46 Event Running script in background: C:/Program Files (x86)/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/ComPort3Open.vb
        Apr-25 08:19:46 Event Running script in background: C:/Program Files (x86)/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/ComPort2Open.vb
        Apr-25 08:19:46 Insteon ***:Error in ActionConfigured: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. -- Details System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_Insteon.HSPI.ActionConfigured(strTrigActInfo ActInfo)
        Apr-25 08:19:46 Insteon ** An error occurred in this plug-in. The details have been written to the log file - C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Config\Insteon Error Report.Log
        Apr-25 08:19:46 Insteon ** To request help with this problem please post this log file to the forum along with a detailed description of what lead to this problem.
        Apr-25 08:19:46 Event Event System System Initialization, Action of Insteon: Poll All Insteon Devices could not be carried out because its configuration is not complete.
        Apr-25 08:19:46 Event Running script statement immediately: &hs.DebugMode=32
        Apr-25 08:19:46 System Current debug events set:
        Apr-25 08:19:46 COM Port 2 Opened successfully for LG TV
        Apr-25 08:19:47 COM Port 5 Opened successfully for Marantz
        Apr-25 08:19:47 COM Port 3 Opened successfully for Denon
        Apr-25 08:19:47 COM Port 1 Opened successfully for Stargate

Comment

thanks for reporting back. i will test this setup, and see if i can reproduce the startup error
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Just discovered another thing. All of my Insteon Special Commands lost their settings. I had several "Insteon: Poll Device", and "Insteon: Change Settings: Default On Level" and they all lost their settings. The command was still present, but the settings for each one were lost. I re-inserted the setting for each one and it came back to life. Everything appears to be working now, but I'm a bit nervous about what else might have been lost that I don't see yet. I suppose I could revert to my backup but it is now 2 days old.

Comment

thanks for the update. i think i'll pull the beta for now so others don't lose their event setup
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by Burrington View Post
                Just discovered another thing. All of my Insteon Special Commands lost their settings. I had several "Insteon: Poll Device", and "Insteon: Change Settings: Default On Level" and they all lost their settings. The command was still present, but the settings for each one were lost. I re-inserted the setting for each one and it came back to life. Everything appears to be working now, but I'm a bit nervous about what else might have been lost that I don't see yet. I suppose I could revert to my backup but it is now 2 days old.
                you might consider rolling back
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

All,
                  i did some refactoring on the event Insteon Actions code in Beta 3.0.7.6 which will lose your settings for any Insteon Actions configured.

I need to figure out how to preserve the old settings during the upgrade process.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Posted 3.0.7.7 which should fix the issue where Action settings were missing. If you try this beta, please check all your insteon actions before going any further. If you find an issue, please post a screen shot of the action in edit mode
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hey Mark

After 3.0.7.1 all betas have not been able to reset and re-program the PLM.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by smithdavee View Post
                        Hey Mark

After 3.0.7.1 all betas have not been able to reset and re-program the PLM.

Dave
                        Interesting. I haven't change the code related to that function. What insteon interface are you using?

Have you rolled back to 3.0.7.1 to confirm that it is working?
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I rolled back to 3.0.7.1 and it works.

Attached is the insteon error log of the 3.0.7.1

Insteon Error Report.zip

Comment

Originally posted by smithdavee View Post
                            I rolled back to 3.0.7.1 and it works.

Attached is the insteon error log of the 3.0.7.1

[ATTACH]n1315439[/ATTACH]
                            i found the issue....something with the UI. It will be fixed in the next beta.
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post

Interesting. I haven't change the code related to that function. What insteon interface are you using?

Have you rolled back to 3.0.7.1 to confirm that it is working?
                              I have this same issue, but I was running 3.0.7.2. I had thought I had some bad devices because it said they couldn't be reached. Then, on a whim, I tried once just adding instead of replace and it worked. I took a bunch of time to get everything fixed after the add so this replace function is very appreciated.

I am also having a recent issue with adding a device. It says it cannot be reached. I was thinking maybe this function has some issue, at times, as well. I was going to update, but I see 3.0.7.1 is the latest stable version. Is that correct? Am I running a beta. I lost track. Should I trust the stable vs. beta in the updater or doesn't that get updated?

- Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                              Web Site
                              YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by tpchristian View Post

I have this same issue, but I was running 3.0.7.2. I had thought I had some bad devices because it said they couldn't be reached. Then, on a whim, I tried once just adding instead of replace and it worked. I took a bunch of time to get everything fixed after the add so this replace function is very appreciated.

I am also having a recent issue with adding a device. It says it cannot be reached. I was thinking maybe this function has some issue, at times, as well. I was going to update, but I see 3.0.7.1 is the latest stable version. Is that correct? Am I running a beta. I lost track. Should I trust the stable vs. beta in the updater or doesn't that get updated?
                                Tom, please try the latest beta. i think its .11 at the time of this post
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X