This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help to set up devices!!

Hello, i am another ISY994i owner looking to move over to Homeseer, I have installed the Insteon plug-in because it seems to be the best rated but for some reason i cant get it to work... im sure this may be something simple since i am new. I have everything setup and com connected but for the life of me i don't know how to add new hard ware?
    i didn't find a visual walk through so im hoping someone might have a how 2 to get me started and help me find what im doing wrong . All i've done so far is enabled the plug-in, went to the menu Device management, add device and filled out the name,floor,address ex 28.24.DS for the on/off module and hit done. i dont see any thing in the linked device that looks like it helps. I also tried manually linking the on/off 2635 module to my usb PLM 2413U but didn't see any thing new.. Could someone Please send me anything they may have to help me figure out this out

Thanks in advance for your help
    Billy

Billy.

Welcome. Does the plugin recognize the plm?

if so. You should be able to add your devices via the plugin Devices page by entering the Insteon ID and clicking the add Btn. The plugin should link the device to the plm and then program it
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

yes the plug in shows Insteon under PLUG-INS but the only option is configuration option below. i know the zwave has 5 links under it but i dont see where to click to ADD the device unless i go to Device Management then Add Device and even when i enter the info and address it never triggers

Last edited by ocyberbum; November 10, 2018, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Billy,
        i can't read the images you posted, but you need to put the correct Com Port on the config page of the plugin and restart the plugin. You should then see some entries in the hs log that the plugin contacted the plugin
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

ok maybe it didn't like me taken screen shots of the remote screen but i believe everything is right.. the only odd thing that happen was when i tried to use the driver for my usb hub below it said that there was already the best one installed

https://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

part of my log

Nov-10 2:58:10 PM

Insteon
          External Device Registration complete.

Insteon
          Waiting to initialize External Devices...

Starting Plug-In
          Plugin Insteon started successfully in 1413 milliseconds

Insteon
          RF PLM contacted on COM4 with an Insteon address of 49.F9.FE and firmware version 9E
          Nov-10 2:58:09 PM

Insteon
          Insteon Support library (Insteon.dll) version: 1.0.7.2

Starting Plug-In
          Initializing plugin Insteon ...

Info
          Plugin Insteon has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:60065
          Nov-10 2:58:08 PM

Plug-In
          Finished initializing plug-in Insteon
          Nov-10 2:58:08 PM

Plug-In
          Interface Insteon is running as a trial, 30 days remaining.
          Nov-10 2:57:54 PM

Error
          Displaying remotely connected interfaces: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Info
          Plugin Insteon with instance: has disconnected

Plug-In
          Shutting down Plug-In: Insteon
          Attached Files
          Last edited by ocyberbum; November 10, 2018, 08:50 PM.

Comment

ok i finally got it added, i realized that your insteon plug-in is different from the zwave and it had to be added through the Insteon/Configure/manage devices tab in the last picture above i posted, not sure how i missed before but now i see that plugins are not all the same ... i hope the learning curb will be easier for now on!!, Thanks sandler for taking the time to lead me in the right direction... i'll have to re-learn everything i know from my isy994i-pro

Comment

You should be able to add/register devices from the plugin Manage Device page. you don't actually need to add the plm on the manage device page.

the log you posted above indicates the plugin sees the plm during startup
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

ok i attached pics of how i added 2- 2635 on/off modules and the screens i used, I first went to PLUG-INS/insteon/Configuration/Manage Devices tab. After that i go to View/ Device management/ and i was clicking the click green + sign and add the device so they would show up but now i see that the Display filters were hiding the devices and after i clicked show all i could see them
                Attached Files
                Last edited by ocyberbum; November 11, 2018, 12:03 AM.

Comment

that all looks good. do you recognize the 'unknown' insteon ID? if not, you can delete those links from the device database.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I think i've got the basics down this time, This being my second plug in and having just bought Homeseer a week ago is definitely a learning experience until i get the basics down and can remove my ISY from service!, im glad you mention that because i have no idea what that device was so i left it alone encase it happen to be part of another device that didn't add right, zwave can be so tricky... i've had to add some devices 2 or 3 times to get all the nodes to show up, This is why i have so many insteon, they are simple and work..
                    Thanks again for taking the time to help with the plug-in setup, i've got many long nights ahead of moving modules to homeseer and reprogramming them to match.. I'm now going to try and setup a script or plug in to reset my router because verizion router tends to need a reset only when im not home or on vacation!! and im hoping to do some . i think homeseer considers them events when im away!!

Comment

Glad its all working. Feel free to start a new thread if you have specific questions later
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                      X